The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TTC vs Sequential - the results :)

cheekymonkey

Had a great day today at SRR, thanks to Charlie and Ryan.G

Ryan fitted my new Apexi PowerFC ECU and we got onto the rolling road. Did several runs while Ryan worked his magic. Decided to go TTC to see what difference it makes to the power curve and we got Charlie to do a printout of both at the same time (see attached).

I really do like the way the car drives now, as you can see the power delivery is much smoother, and more like what it will be like once I eventually do go single.

The green lines are Seq and the red line is TTC where I get my max power.

This is all running at 1.0 bar with the stock j-spec twins.... so bring on 1st decat pipe :)

EDIT: Please bear in mind, as Ryan mentiones later on in the thread that is NOT comparing Seq vs TTC on a stock ECU *grin*

Power-Torque-1.jpg

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

looking at that graph sequential only has the advantage till 3500rpm, from 4000rpm the TTC is producing 80bhp more!! thats pretty damn good and sounds like it would have the advantage on the road any day.

Might have to see if Ian would be happy to map my emu in ttc after all!!

Now that is a 'curve' :)

I can tell you, not only does it look smooth but it drives smooth too. It does seem easier to pull away and it's just like driving a NA until you *really* want to boot it.

Also - the car sounds more aggressive at lower revs, I really have no idea why that is but I like it!

Good stuff, I never tried TTC on mine,

Is there any reason why the TTC makes more power than sequential once both turbos are fully spooled???

The boost will be spiking higher. So they're not the same, the TTC will be running more boost. If they were running the same level of boost the sequential setup would produce the same power and be much better low down too. That's why Toyota used it!

The boost will be spiking higher. So they're not the same, the TTC will be running more boost. If they were running the same level of boost the sequential setup would produce the same power and be much better low down too. That's why Toyota used it!

Same Boost levels :)

Only difference is i was able to get more ignition timing in on the TTC setup at the top end.

Ryan

Another convert:) i have run mine in TTC virtually since i got it, much prefer the power delivery.

Have you done any work with the Seq Setup Dick back to back with the TTC setup as i was quite surprised how much more timing i could get in with the setup.

Although the boost levels were the same it also flowed alot more air too in TTC as the injector duty was higher and reached my max safe duty level at 1bar (87%)

Ryan

Have you done any work with the Seq Setup Dick back to back with the TTC setup as i was quite surprised how much more timing i could get in with the setup.

Although the boost levels were the same it also flowed alot more air too in TTC as the injector duty was higher and reached my max safe duty level at 1bar (87%)

Ryan

No back to back, i just changed it to diagnose a problem and just liked it, where abouts in the RPM and boost range are you finding that you can add more timing advance? is it above 5,500RPM ? PM me if you don't want to discuss here, if you remember my odd det on the RR, funnily en ought i have not seen any recurrence of that, despite adding more timing advance, than it was supposedly running that day, plus I'm running leaner, don't know what was going on then:blink: but i was also making 390ftlb at just short of 5,000 RPM that day, despite the low BHP figure.