The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Alarm problem, suggestions please??

keancy

Ok, so our Alarm seems to have gone wrong and it's only got fitted 8 weeks ago :(

It's a Laserline 291i

Last week when we had those strong winds (Thursday night) I disarmed the audible alarm (sonics) as the wind kept setting it off. Then Friday morning I went out and all was well.

Haven't moved or used the Car then since Friday and this morning Hubby went to check the oil and this happens..................

Press disarm, beep car should now be open but it isn't unlocking. On pulling handle the tamper alarm starts flashing and beeping. Press re-arm, two beeps and a clear sound of the doors locking (but they hadn't unlocked in the first place??)

Anyway we tried all sorts of variations of button pressing and a long story short:

It will lock and arm BUT it only locks and sets up the Tamper not the sonics, yet the audible alarm does work as we can set it off with the fob. Worst of all it will not let you unlock it you have to use the Key which is very uncool,lol.

Joke aside, does anyone have an idea what's wrong and if there is a reset function?? Only other option is contacting the Dealer to have it sorted and as luck would have it they are not only well over an hours drive away but I am back at work tomorrow morning.

Great start, happy relaxed xmas and new year break then go back all stressed and peed off. :(

Yep we have both spend half an age looking at that and neither of us can make any sence of it and we do not have a pincode :(

Aah poop. Pincode seems important though. Wonder why you never got one?

Anyhow, it's a mere 8 weeks old so now I think you have to give the supplier/installer a call to fix this under warranty.

I'll keep looking for the cure though.

Hmmm..http://abacuscaralarms.co.uk/members/forums/index.php?showtopic=1666&hl=laserline

Aah poop. Pincode seems important though. Wonder why you never got one?

Anyhow, it's a mere 8 weeks old so now I think you have to give the supplier/installer a call to fix this under warranty.

I'll keep looking for the cure though.

Hmmm..http://abacuscaralarms.co.uk/members/forums/index.php?showtopic=1666&hl=laserline

Will have another fiddle, thanks Andy :)

Not easy. Drives me nuts going through all the combos on the Clifford then I'll forget what I've done. :(

Wish you luck folks.

The only downside of a Clifford. So many many settings! The LED on the dash doesn't work on mine anymore so I can't fiddle with it at the moment.

If Matt Harwood on here sees this thread he may be able to help as he's worked on a few alarms in his time I believe.

The only downside of a Clifford. So many many settings! The LED on the dash doesn't work on mine anymore so I can't fiddle with it at the moment.

If Matt Harwood on here sees this thread he may be able to help as he's worked on a few alarms in his time I believe.

And if you get the timing of the combos too close you end up re-programming the bloody thing..:mad::banghead::angry:

Which may have happened to Anja and hubby.:(

Might PM him and point him here see if he can help all tho I have also just emailed Laserline and the Dealer who I bought car from.

Just didn't need this lol, I just had almost 3 weeks of work with spare time on my hands after today I am busy again :(

Where are you Matt?? :)

Here! :)

OK, first thing I would do is try a reset. Easiest way to do this is firstly, make sure that battery has a good charge in it, (able to start the car), then disconnect the batterys earth terminal. Leave it off for about 30 seconds, and re-connect as cleanly as possible.

When you're testing the alarm, are you leaving it for more than 30 seconds before trying? - Anything earlier than that and it will just give you a warning to let you know the circuit is working. The alarm doesn't actually set until after the 30 second 'settle' time.

Let me know how you get on.

Here! :)

OK, first thing I would do is try a reset. Easiest way to do this is firstly, make sure that battery has a good charge in it, (able to start the car), then disconnect the batterys earth terminal. Leave it off for about 30 seconds, and re-connect as cleanly as possible.

When you're testing the alarm, are you leaving it for more than 30 seconds before trying? - Anything earlier than that and it will just give you a warning to let you know the circuit is working. The alarm doesn't actually set until after the 30 second 'settle' time.

Let me know how you get on.

Well, until now I would normaly walk out my door press the Fob and be able to get into my car within a 10 second interval max, but now it will not even unlock the doors, yet when you manualy unlock it with the key and then re-shut the doors and press fob it will lock the doors fine.

I am guessing the Battery is fine as we had no problems starting the car at all.

May have to try the rest thing, bit dark now tho.

Righty, I spoke to the Bloke who installed the System to my Car today. He said pretty much the same as what Matt already told me which is rest the whole thing by disconnecting the Battery.

If that doesn't cure the problem, I have to drive up to blimin Plymouth for them to take a look as he said he never come across my particular problem i.e. doors won't unlock.

According to him there are two different pulses, one to lock and one to unlock the car and there may be something wrong with the unlock pulse.

Lost me there. Neways Hubby has a day off work tomorrow so I shall suggest I leave the car at home and take his Scooter then get him to do the Battery stuff. Trial and error init?? :D

Just to let you know, what he's saying about the locking pulses is correct, he's not trying to fob you off.

The disconnect / reconnecting of the battery won't take long. Less than 5 minutes.

Naaa, never thought he was fobbing me off seemed a genuine nice bloke on phone. Explained to me what to do and I wrote it down.

I hope a reset will do the trick that's all, don't fancy an hour odd there and an hour odd back, having to take time off work for a 10-15 minute repair. (That's all it would be apparently)

I had something odd happen tonight when I came home tho. This am when I went to work it looked like my car stereo was on, display dim but lit up as if a CD was playing yet no sound so I thought nothing much off it as I was half asleep.(First day back at work)

Yet when I got back in the car at 4pm to drive home and turned ignition on the Stereo blasted out at me scaring me half to death.

So, I am beginning to wonder if the low battery theory may be factor, and my driving it into work this morning gave the Battery enough charge to blare the radio but then it does start ok(ish).

Well it is fixed now. Hubby went to disconnect the Battery this morning and found that the battery was not only loose in it's bay but also the Positive was flapping about :blink:

So he still disconnected it all for 5 minutes then reset everything back up correctly and now it's working just fine and I am a happy bunny. He did have to put a few extra washers in tho to make nice contact. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Well after a trip back to the dealer 2 weeks ago they thought they had fixed it, well not so. Couple of days later we discovered the problem remained. Last week one of our Electricians at my work had a look at it and he recons the connector that all the wires go into could be dodgy but he didn't really want to go into the whole thing to much given I have warranty on the system. In the meantime he sprayed it up with electrical cleaner and law and behold for 4 days the system worked fine then went wrong again this week. I contacted the dealer and they said the bloke who fitted the alarm thinks it's a damp problem which apparently is a common occurrence. Well I do live right on top off the cliffs near the sea so damp is a big issue here. Anyone else got problems like that or know if this could be what's causing it?

After they told me that I realised that actually after my mate sprayed the connector it worked fine for several days so maybe he has a point?? At the weekend I will get the Hubby to spray some WD40 and see what happens.

Wish me luck :)