The mkiv Supra Owners Club

fitting active spoiler to NA Supra

TrevS

I am sure this question has been asked many a time but I couldn't find any posts on the subject when I did a quick search.

Basically I am looking into the possibility of fitting an active spoiler to an NA supra and ideally I'd like to get the whole thing working as it should do in a TT so fitting the motor, ECU, dash button etc

Has anyone done a full conversion before, is it a difficult job and whats required? If it is a big job does anyone know someone on here that can fit them.

Many thanks

Trev

most cars (and I think even N/A's) have the part of the loom in the front bumper, but not all have it behind the dash where the ecu should plug in, which I found out on mine, have a look at this thread, it should tell you all you need to know.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=62263&highlight=active+spoiler

By the way, I am thinking of taking mine off now, to save weight, so if your interested make me an offer?

Well I have a 96 facelift NA supra but from reading the above thread it seems to be that its a bit of a lottery if the car has all the nessersary wiring required.

I guess its best to check to see if the wirings there before buying the spoiler and by the sounds of it if everythings there its just a case of pluging everything in correct?

most cars (and I think even N/A's) have the part of the loom in the front bumper, but not all have it behind the dash where the ecu should plug in, which I found out on mine, have a look at this thread, it should tell you all you need to know.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=62263&highlight=active+spoiler

By the way, I am thinking of taking mine off now, to save weight, so if your interested make me an offer?

Ill check out my car to see if the wiring is in place behind the dash and front bumper and if so I might be interested in your spoiler. Do you have the original dash button for the spoiler also and would you consider helping me fit it if I was to buy it?

Matt Harwood put one on my facelift NA, but it doesn't work identically to original design in that it doesn't deploy at speed - but I have the ability raise and lower at the press of a button. I'm fairly sure we went down this route because not all the right gubbins was in the car :)

anyone have an idea as to how to wire it up so that i can select it to come up and down with all of the oem ecu/switching/wiring in place?

see above link, it does have the oem wiring diagram in there, I did atempt to do it, but couldn't get it to work.

As above if you don't have the parts to make it come down as per oem then use this wiring guide to make it manual like Faye says.

thats how I did it in the end

Ill check out my car to see if the wiring is in place behind the dash and front bumper and if so I might be interested in your spoiler. Do you have the original dash button for the spoiler also and would you consider helping me fit it if I was to buy it?

yes I do have the switch, I would swap it for your blanking panel, also I would want your front section of the undertray, as this comes with the spoiler, yes I would help you fit it, would make it a lot easier, if your car doesn't have the wiring it would be a simple case of removing all the wiring from mine and fitting it straight into yours.

yes I do have the switch, I would swap it for your blanking panel, also I would want your front section of the undertray, as this comes with the spoiler, yes I would help you fit it, would make it a lot easier, if your car doesn't have the wiring it would be a simple case of removing all the wiring from mine and fitting it straight into yours.

Ok let me look into this and ill get back to you.

Cheers

Trev