The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Weight reduction

Chris Wilson

It's been mooted a bit recently, so I thought I'd post this link. I love old Volvos, so I tend to root out stuff on obscure forums, this guy has written a very readable account of reducing weight on his 740 Turbo race car, and a lot will be applicable to ANY car, so it's perhaps worth a look?

http://www.ovlov.net/page.php?page_name=tips

carbon door cards mmmmmm now there a thought, where from:d

There do-luck ones from Japan lucky enough to have them already on the car, look really nice to:d

So what does it weigh now, without driver, but otherwise ready to go?

To be honest I don't know, car was already done when I brought it has even got Do-luck light weight anti roll bars front and rear made from same stuff as Samurai Swords (Crazy but very Cool):D

Does it still have the A/C?

No :(, but this is being out back in, I can cope with the sound on the fuel pump and having no carpet but I need my A/C

He seems to be some kind of know-it-all. Hit the Ignore button.

Never even noticed him before now to be honest.

Given he's in Ireland though he's probably never actually been on a long journey :D

There's only room for one know it all round here :)

hear hear :)

Excellent read, its funny when I think of the lengths Porscher went to, with weight reduction on the 996 911 GT3 RS. Even the Porscher logo badge on the bonnet which is normally enamel, was replaced with a simple sticker. Come on how much would that of saved? Its a bit like me removing my jeans belt before driving or having a good dump in the toilet! :D LOL

But as a Columbian drug dealer would say, every gram counts!! :D