The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another noob

Guest jonnykool

Guest jonnykool

Hi all, just want to introduce myself. Always been a huge fan of the Supra and want to learn a bit more about them and see some of the fine examples that im sure are around here. I currently own an 03 Celica T Sport (Calmn the boo-ing lol), I wanted a Supra but couldnt afford the insurance at the time, so when I have a few more no claims I hope to get a nice TT Supra, hopefully a 15th anniversary one.

All the best

Jonny.

Guest jonnykool

Thanks for the warm welcome.

According to my Wikipedia research, all '97 models are badged "Limited Edition 15th Anniversary." ??? Well anyway, it will be a later TT version, it has to be TT hopefully 98 if the celica can get me a good trade in/sale. Ive done a bit of reading on the net, but thought theres no better way than to get onto a club and read threads etc. Ill admit I am fairly conscious about running costs but I dont live far from work (6 miles) and maybe only do about 150-200 miles a week max (except when i was single an was on manwho**ng duties in which it went to about 400). Anywho the gf has a fairly economic car (mini cooper) if needed. I just hope ever rising fuel prices dont ruin great cars, cause emmisions limits kinda started too. I dont think I want a heavily modded one, being an engineer im conscious about doing these things properly and would prefer to do anything myself, plus Mr insurance may not be too happy

In hindsight im glad I have the Celica at the moment as it was my first sporty car after a nissan almera hand me down. I had a bit of a curve going from 2 pony power to 190 (Apparent) bhp. If id of got a Supra next, I probs would of ended up in a brick wall, ditch, jail cell......... Dont worry about calling it a hairdressers car, all G7 celica owners get stick from the G6 on the celica club lol. But yeah the 190 engine is a great engine within its class. I know its not in the same league by a long shot but the engine lift at 6200rpm is always entertaining.

Thanks again, off to do some forum reading.

All the best

welcome along mate

Defo get a TT mate some day, you will not regret it! Just make sure you can afford to run it and ejoy it aswell!

15th Anniversary Supra?

dannyboy your slipping! there was a clear chance for you to offer your car out and you missed it;) also, welcome to the club mate

Guest jonnykool

Cheers R Black, Im not bothered about different alloys and exhaust. Just not too keen on a car thats had engine mods really. Would be worried about them being done "cowboy"????

By the way, how do you do a custom avatar, under the avatar option I can only chose the default ones........

By the way, what are the chances of getting a non modified supra????

Cheers R Black, Im not bothered about different alloys and exhaust. Just not too keen on a car thats had engine mods really. Would be worried about them being done "cowboy"????

By the way, how do you do a custom avatar, under the avatar option I can only chose the default ones........

There's a few around, but most have been tinkered with in some way. I wanted an unmolested Supra (mechanically speaking) too and there were a few around.

That said, if there's any cars you're looking at that have had work done, if you know who completed the work, you could ask on here about their reputation of dealing with Supras.

To get a custom avatar you need to be a paid up club member too ;)