The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Better to buy damaged supra if... ??

Ferio

Hi guys and girls!

I've been asking myself what is the best to do?

I'm going to buy a supra TT 6 speed this year and i've saved money already for a wide top secret body kit including paint job.

Is it better to buy a supra from Jurgen that has damaged bumpers, scratches in the paint job, dents(?) etc.. or buy a mint supra and then change it all again?

What are your thoughts?

If you are changing it all, and the car is in a really Crappy way as youve descrived then it will save you money in the long run surely, But you dont want to go and buy a car you know as been writting off

Would make more sense tbh, then buy a minter and rip off all the mint bits!

If the damage is only superficial I believe it would be more cost effective to repair the damaged car than to source a mint one and have all the kit (and any other required mods) put on.

It depends what your priorities are. How healthy are the engines and mechanical parts on each car? Mileages etc? I'm pretty sure Jurgen wouldn't let you buy a dog, so if you have your heart set on that particular kit I'd get the car with it already on.

Have it thouroughly checked over inside and out, under the engine and suspension etc. If it is just a bit of bodywork damage, ie scratches and dents then you may as well go for it and save some cash. If it looks like its been in a bit of an acident or the engine etc has not been looked after leave it.

If you've got enough money to do it properly, then you've got enough money to buy a really good, well tuned one without a shit bodykit, and actually drive it, rather than spend the rest of eternity on here moaning that somethings wrong with your paintjob.

The car must not have been in an accident etc and the engine, interior must be in good to perfect condition and ofcourse low mileage, good tires, braken etc..

Just wondering if i could save money on the car if the exterior is not in a 100% good condition as it will be changed completely and there are not many supra drivers out here in Holland so i'd probably throw away the bodykit that's currently on it or maybe save it but i doubt i use it again.

I will put a completely new wide body kit on it and respray it into another color aswell.

Have it thouroughly checked over inside and out, under the engine and suspension etc. If it is just a bit of bodywork damage, ie scratches and dents then you may as well go for it and save some cash. If it looks like its been in a bit of an acident or the engine etc has not been looked after leave it.

What amount will i save?