The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JAE 2008 and TOTB Date Conflict

Gaz Walker

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but the organisers of JAE in December announced it was likely (but not 100%) that JAE will be the last weekend of July, which conflicts with TOTB - I'm sure thats going to cause a number of problems as a lot of the attendees of TOTB were at JAE.

If it goes ahead on the date, our choice would be JAE as its a better all round event :)

Theres a thread here about it:

http://www.japcarclub.com/jae/forums/index.php?showtopic=709&st=30

Regards,

Gaz.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd opt for TOTB any day of the week as there will be plenty of other static car shows to attend - it's also sounding as though the event will be nicely enhanced over last year to deal with the feedback given from last time.

I'm not sure if JAE could be at the Showground that weekend anyway as "Faith '08" is already showing for it - 26 Jul 2008 - 02 Aug 2008.

http://www.kingdomfaith.com

I suspect the silence from the organisers means they are furiously running around in the background to find an alternative date / venue.

I'd opt for TOTB any day of the week as there will be plenty of other static car shows to attend

Yeah but JAE is JAE, its not exactly a run of the mill show!

I can't imagine them doing the same date, I was hoping for the 2nd last weekend in July, same as previous years.

The feedback has certainly been taken on board which should be good yeah.

Gaz.

I can't imagine them doing the same date, I was hoping for the 2nd last weekend in July, same as previous years.

The feedback has certainly been taken on board which should be good yeah.

Gaz.

i wonder if it will rain again:rolleyes:

I'd opt for TOTB any day of the week as there will be plenty of other static car shows to attend - it's also sounding as though the event will be nicely enhanced over last year to deal with the feedback given from last time.

I'm not sure if JAE could be at the Showground that weekend anyway as "Faith '08" is already showing for it - 26 Jul 2008 - 02 Aug 2008.

http://www.kingdomfaith.com

I suspect the silence from the organisers means they are furiously running around in the background to find an alternative date / venue.

Isnt all this irrelevant to you anyway?

It's just a bigger version of the others though, static cars looking pretty - I'd rather see them moving around and making noise :)

That weekend is the "Irish Setter Association, England - Centenary Championship and Open Dog Show" - the one that usually ensures the grass is nicely fertilised for JAE :)

5th / 6th and 12th / 13th still seem free though.

I've been to plenty thanks, 5 if my memory serves me right.

You've visited the show...but not 'experienced' it if you've not spent time with the club and got into the camaraderie.

You don't have to explain yourself but I'd be interested to know...Why is that?

i have been to JAE 2 years runnin now and to be honest i aint that impressed with it the cars are good but there aint really much there. TOTB been there before too really enjoyed it but was only there for the day which kind of spoilt it not being able to sit with a can and the noise of cars flying past.

i wonder if it will rain again:rolleyes:

We are in the UK so it's practically guaranteed

You've visited the show...but not 'experienced' it if you've not spent time with the club and got into the camaraderie.

You don't have to explain yourself but I'd be interested to know...Why is that?

The lower echelons are not his style.....:sly:

H.

You don't have to explain yourself...

You're right :)

But for the record I''ve camped in the past, done the drunken night thing, tried the hotel approach, visited for the day and so on - I used to enjoy it, I don't find that I do so much anymore, that's not to say I've stopped going.

I think I can say I've "experienced" it, just not with the people from here.

I've parked on the club stand for 3 years, can't say I felt very welcome but then again I haven't made an effort to make myself known (so people who have promised to duff me up can get their wish?), I've either been with friends who aren't in the club or a moaning girlfiend.

Having said this I always have time for those people I meet whilst wandering in the same way as I do at most events. I'm not an ogre.

I just think TOTB is a better event, even more so if you get a group of people together the night before for a laugh and some beers - if clubs made more of an effort to organise things there is no reason why they couldn't have a mini static show at a nearby campsite on the Saturday, a booze up that evening and then go to TOTB on the Sunday if sober.

You're right :)

But for the record I''ve camped in the past, done the drunken night thing, tried the hotel approach, visited for the day and so on - I used to enjoy it, I don't find that I do so much anymore, that's not to say I've stopped going.

I think I can say I've "experienced" it, just not with the people from here.

I've parked on the club stand for 3 years, can't say I felt very welcome but then again I haven't made an effort to make myself known (so people who have promised to duff me up can get their wish?), I've either been with friends who aren't in the club or a moaning girlfiend.

Having said this I always have time for those people I meet whilst wandering in the same way as I do at most events. I'm not an ogre.

Were you at the last one? I would of said hi. Or maybe it was me you didnt want to say hi too. :D

Were you at the last one? I would of said hi. Or maybe it was me you didnt want to say hi too. :D

No, I missed 2006 and 2007 after not liking the venue and being bored with the cars on show in 2005 - I figured some time off would make it more interesting again so plan to go this year.

I was in Peterborough at the time of the show last year but went to the pub instead.

I like ogres.

OK I'm an ogre.