The mkiv Supra Owners Club

leather trimming seats

TrevS

Hey matey, just had mine done 2 months ago by a guy in Cardiff . I dont, have any pics but can tell you it cost me £550 for both front seats in black leather.And thats the complete seats front, back, and headrests.Best money ever spent. It took 3 days and it was locked up overnight in his garage.Before i had them done i phoned all over the country for the best deal. This guy was on my doorstep all along. My seats are black leather and triple stiched in silver . Lewysdanny AKA Tim

Guest dangerousandy

My mate Roy is a professional trimmer and very reasonable (as he is always skint!) if you PM me I can put you in touch with him. He is in Oxford though!

• 1 month later...
just sent off a request form for 2 seats to retrimmed in leather/alcantra with white piping at gibson trimming

Anyone got any idea on how much they will cost from there?

Trev

Trev, did you ever hear anything from Gibson. I sent them an email with a jpeg design and a request through their website and not heard anything. I tried to ring before Xmas too, but no answer. May give them another go

Guys when you get your seats re-trimmed make sure that they make an effort to rebuild your seats slightly to give them more strength and shape. You have to remember alot of supras are over 10 years old so the seats will have worn slighly and the foam will have shrunk in places slightly (drivers seat mainly). Which is the main cause of sagging leather when fitting new covers to seats.

My brother is a car trimmer, has been for over 25 years, and one of the best in the country. He is currently working on an american car worth 170k, and I have been trying to persuade him to do supra's again because we use to have a contract with a supra dealer and we did quite a few and they were amazing.

To do ME just to front seats I would give him £400 (thats with a family discount), and thats cheap, usually about £600. Unfortunately he advised me last week that he will be retiring this year from the trimming business.:(

Trev, did you ever hear anything from Gibson. I sent them an email with a jpeg design and a request through their website and not heard anything. I tried to ring before Xmas too, but no answer. May give them another go

Nope never heard back from them. Have put this on the back burner for the moment as need to do some exterior bits and pieces on the car before attacking the seats

• 2 weeks later...