The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello and advice!

jimojameso

Hello everyone,

Im new round here but have had a good look round and like the site. Very interested in buying a supra tt. Basically will need to drive the car to work each day (35 miles) so need a reliable car.

Insurance is cool. Checked that. I know petrol will be expensive but my current car only averages 26-30 mpg on an average combined cycle including the m25. What ur cays like on fuel consumption??

Also how reliable are supras and what is cost of parts and servicing like. Lookin at a car with just over 60,000 on the clock.

Any advice much appreciated. :)

Thanks

James

Hi Welcome to the club!

Like any car, there are reliable, well maintained Supras, and some dogs! Best bet is to read through the buyers guide and make sure you follow all the points.

However you're asking about fuel economy, and cost of parts and servicing... you know this is going to be an expensive car to run, especially at 70 miles per day. I get about 250 miles to a tank (£70), but as it's a weekend car I probably drive it harder than you would be.

I have noticed parts are expensive compared to other jap cars, not sure why this is but with a bit of planning ahead you can get a good deal on parts from Traders on here.