The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I am so pissed off - absolutely fuming!

SILKYSMOOTH

:(:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::flame:

I was going to change the starter motor today as the car has been locked up in the garage for almost 2 weeks now.

So I get prepared to take the car out to jack it up and it won't start so I had to push the car out from the garage.

I am sitting in the car and my two nephews and my dad pushing from the rear with the boot lid open, as they pushed it out they did not realise that the spoiler was going to hit the garage door until it was toooooo late. :( It took a chunk of paint off and I am so angry and pissed off you could not imagine.

I take so much care of my car and for something like this to happen is just beyond me, but typically of my luck.

In the end I try to press on to sort out the starter motor and my luck just gets better...I need a 14mm socket/spanner and I only have a 13mm and a 15mm so I quit the job today and pushed it back into the garage.

Instead of fixing a problem now I have another one and its so depressing. I hate it when other people are involved if I did it myself I could at least blame myself!

PC291017.JPG

PC291018.JPG

PC291019.JPG

PC291020.JPG

:( Not gud buddy. You did right in putting it away?. Seems like the day was only going to get worse. Won,t cost much to sort, but still, could have done without. Best of luck:)

EXACTLY!

I got onto the phone to Mr T and a local garage straight away to find out when either of them can do it because the way I am feeling right now I would not like to say what I might do!

Thanks though

you'll feel better in the morning. i get like that when i've done something of that sort...start ringing around to get it resolved asap

At least the car is in the garage!

May have to wait until next week to put the starter motor in now...provisonally booked a garage for next wednesday, still waiting for Mr T to phone me back. In the meantime I have time to make some enquiries about the spoiler and get it sorted ASAP, also two new rear tyres on the way once the starter motor is replaced.

Well it's your fault as well, you should have closed the boot in the first place...

Bad luck though.

Probably right, but when other people are around "trying to help out" something always seems to go wrong. I take part responsibility I guess for letting them near my car.

Maybe a little impatient!

Bad luck matey, It's not to bad. It also could have been alot worse, Maybe the car not starting in the 1st place was a good thing.

This has been the 1st time it has never started, it started yesterday... if it did start I could have just drove it out normally, but it's happened now, anyway and I am going to try and be positive about things to get it sorted ASAP. Just really disappointed coz I have taken such good care of it so far, then something stupid like this happens.

I know how you feel bud, I had a new Doluck bumper fitted back last year I got home from work and fitted my new sticky number plate in the rain because I was so looking forward to showing her off and going for a drive.

I drove up the misses house(on a big hill) and put the car in N insted of R.... Rolled into a parked car :( End of Mr Do-unlucky.

I know how you feel bud, I had a new Doluck bumper fitted back last year I got home from work and fitted my new sticky number plate in the rain because I was so looking forward to showing her off and going for a drive.

I drove up the misses house(on a big hill) and put the car in N insted of R.... Rolled into a parked car :( End of Mr Do-unlucky.

Ahhh man ...that hurts!

:(:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::flame:

I was going to change the starter motor today as the car has been locked up in the garage for almost 2 weeks now.

So I get prepared to take the car out to jack it up and it won't start so I had to push the car out from the garage.

I am sitting in the car and my two nephews and my dad pushing from the rear with the boot lid open, as they pushed it out they did not realise that the spoiler was going to hit the garage door until it was toooooo late. :( It took a chunk of paint off and I am so angry and pissed off you could not imagine.

I take so much care of my car and for something like this to happen is just beyond me, but typically of my luck.

In the end I try to press on to sort out the starter motor and my luck just gets better...I need a 14mm socket/spanner and I only have a 13mm and a 15mm so I quit the job today and pushed it back into the garage.

Instead of fixing a problem now I have another one and its so depressing. I hate it when other people are involved if I did it myself I could at least blame myself!

I know that feeling had simillar thing happen to me twice now 1st time i left the boot open and tried jacking the car up=Scrape on garage ceiling, 2nd time left wipers up and opened the bonnet = scrapes trailing edge of bonnet both times felt sick to the stomach worst of all had no one else to blame and didnt have a cat. Didnt have the balls to kick the dog.

Bad luck

As an FYI, pretty much all the nuts and bolts on the supra are 'even' size metric

8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 14mm, 16mm etc.

I have a full set, and several extra singles in the above sizes, plus several spanner sets with several spare singles in above sizes.

As usual there are one or two exceptions to that rule :p

Bad luck

As an FYI, pretty much all the nuts and bolts on the supra are 'even' size metric

8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 14mm, 16mm etc.

I have a full set, and several extra singles in the above sizes, plus several spanner sets with several spare singles in above sizes.

As usual there are one or two exceptions to that rule :p

Thanks for that...I know I have one somewhere...I think today was just one of those days! I did find a 14mm socket but the wrench was too big to fit in the gap, so there was no point carrying on, especially in the mood I was in, so I thought it was safer to just call it a day.