Le Mans 2008 - Who's Going?

Pig

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll be there again as usual. We haven't booked yet though. We usually go Wednesday and stay in Honfleur or similar, then turn up at the campsite Thurs. We leave Sunday and stay the night somewhere - Treuville the last couple of years, then head back Monday.

Yeah, forgot to say I'll be camping in Houx again as usual. Dunno what theme we're going for this year with the cars. We might get round to trying to do union jack flames - couldn't find anyone to do them cheap enough last time so we went for normal flames.

Hey guys

I am thinking of going to Le Mans this year but haven't been before.

What route do you guys normally take? Do you just work out a route on google maps or something or is there prefered advised route for le mans visitors and good roads to take detours for? I know EVO did a trip there last year but don't know if they published a guide to le mans weekend.

Cheers

Trev

Going with a few mates and taking mine.

Got our Campsite, Grandstand and General Enclosure all for £127 p/p

Thursday-Sunday.

Travelling down to Boulogne on Wednesday evening.

Coming back Monday morning

Have you got a link for bookings?

Out on Tuesday back on Monday, camping in Maison Blanche as usual. :)

Maison Blanche seems like a good laugh Doug. Not far from the pub either.......:D Don't know where we'll go tbh. Used to go to blue and then spent a couple on rouge.

Last time we went to a no camping area inside the circuit and just set up the tent. Weren't even challenged by the froggies!!:)

H.

Maison Blanche seems like a good laugh Doug. Not far from the pub either.......:D Don't know where we'll go tbh. Used to go to blue and then spent a couple on rouge.

Last time we went to a no camping area inside the circuit and just set up the tent. Weren't even challenged by the froggies!!:)

H.

Things have changed. MB used to be very much a free for all. Last year they marked out 7mX5m pitches and zoned them off. So if you were in Zone A and all your mates were in Zone C then you had to camp in Zone C. This year we've heard that each pitch will be individually numbered.

I know some of the othet sites have numbered pitches, but at least they have proper facilities and and electrical hook ups. In MB there's sod all. We're still waiting to hear from the ACO to find out what our allocation is.

Nice!!:rolleyes:

About 3 years ago we stayed in a Villa with a pool on the outskirts of Le Mans. It was great but a real PITA getting to and from the circuit in the car and it also restricted your beer intake!

I like to camp and drink until I pass out. It wouldn't be the same if you can't make a pyramid out of stubby bottles of Stella.......;)

H.

I know some of the othet sites have numbered pitches, but at least they have proper facilities and and electrical hook ups. In MB there's sod all. We're still waiting to hear from the ACO to find out what our allocation is.

Houx has numbered pitches, but like you say there are electrical and water hookups. We always get a block of 7 or 8 pitches anyway, and then organise ourselves within that, gazebo on one bit, tents on another etc.

• 4 weeks later...