The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hitting Top Speed

Stevie72

On a Private Track i hit 154mph and felt like there was a little more to go - so if it is limited to 156MPH does the Management system just cut the power, or does it happen gradually?

I read on a site that UK TT's can logically do 168mph and some say could hit 180mph.

Are the UK Model TT's actually limited????!!!!!

It was 165+ on speedometer, but 154mph on GPS

So surely it would go by the speedo? not GPS - or does the management system know how fast it is going???!!!!!!

Most speedos over-read. At Santa Pod my speedo was nearly at 110, yet my terminal velocity was officially about 100.

The gearbox will be going round at a certain speed for the given gear you're in etc. The ECU presumably has all the ratios etc programmed in and knows when it hits 155.

Most speedos over-read. At Santa Pod my speedo was nearly at 110, yet my terminal velocity was officially about 100.

The gearbox will be going round at a certain speed for the given gear you're in etc. The ECU presumably has all the ratios etc programmed in and knows when it hits 155.

In that case - would it just suddenly cut the power off/ or would it be gradual? If the latter, then surely if you car is de-limited it would pull faster at higher speeds 140mph + ect?

I just thought it wouldn't have let me pull so near to 155mph witouth a gradual loss of power?

Someone on here said that their UK hit the limiter at an indicated 168 or something - but the car was actually doing 155, as the limiter takes the speed from the gearbox I believe.

Correct.

When you hit the limiter. It is similar to a rev limit but not quite as harsh.

:clap: Nice one mate. Hope New Year wasn't to hazy bud. :)

Cheers! NY didn't feel too hazy while I was there, but at 1.30pm yesterday when I finally woke up I felt a liiiiiittle worse for wear! Hope yours was a good one too!

It's just a pity that my two favourite liquids, alcohol and petrol, aren't that compatible! :D