The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anybody got a vids/pics of a Nur Spec S fitted?

Dazzi

Did a search and not much turned up.

Im after a nur spec S after unwanted attention from mr plod and the noise giving me migraines. Seems almost impossible to find any pictures of one fitted to a supra and vids showing what it sounds like - i know it's louder than stock but I want an idea.

Any help appreciated :p

Thanks

The Nur Spec S is just the back box, not a full cat back exhaust, it is designed to be fitted onto the end of the standard exhaust.

http://www.blitz-uk.co.uk/images/products/variantimages/hires/MT2080_L.jpg

http://www.blitz-uk.co.uk/images/products/variantimages/hires/NurS_Universal_1.jpg

I can get you a pic when its light! might be able to sort out a vid if i can work out how to pop it on here........

Noise wise i think this exhaust with one decat = a Blitz type R noise level. With all cats in etc its quite subtle but there's still a noticeable burble..........

• 3 months later...

Not the best pic, if it stops raining before it gets dark I will take a new one.

Sound wise its perfect for me, a slightly loader than standard and deeper, only when pulling hard does the volume level increase any amount, but still very acceptable levels.

Mine still has both cats and the fit was perfect.

If you are going to Japfest come and find me and I will start her up for you;)

DSC00362[1].jpg

• 2 months later...

They are very quiet. Got 2nd cat removed and its made little differance to the sound. Ive just bought one of Nics manifolds so Im hoping that will liven things up a bit. Though the split piping in the exhaust might help it sound nice rather than ear bleeding:)

Yea, I bought a manifold like Nics off a trader on here. Unfortunately it was for a LHD supra so couldn't fit it. I then thought to myself it would be easier and cheaper to gut the 1st cat. Yea it was cheaper but 2 weeks hammering the crap out of it got tedious.

I've had 4 exhausts now and this one will be just about right with the 1st and 2nd decat I think.

The stock exhaust was too quiet for me and didn't look 'modified' lol The Nur Spec R was just stupid, the nice copper who pulled me over said he thought an old 60's mobile with no exhaust was heading his way :( The Kakimoto was actually louder than my new Spec S but I like the look of the Spec S exit more but does look a little too low on the bumper, oh well. Besides, every exhaust needs a running in time before you get the full idea of how loud it is.

Hey, I was sold a 'supposedly' RHD manifold that turned out to be LHD. The trader got in contact with his supplier said it was a direct bolt on but forgot to mention you need to cut a reweld to fit it....? thats no a direct bolt on :rolleyes:

Yea, Spec S with double decat. I will send a sound/vid of it if you want. I highly suggest no getting a nur spec r. Mine was rated at 96db on idle which was totally stupid. All you heard in the ground was 'THUD THUD THUD' also things started to vibrate in the car and a couple of screws came out of the dash.

If it wasn't for the welded in baffle on the RX I would have chosen that one.