The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rear Fogs, Simple fix

DJButler

I have been promising myself i would sort out the rear fogs on my car for about a year now, well new years resolution was do it. Ok it's done. My car had two of the brake light used as fogs, these were fed from a switch on the dash, a green/white wire had been cut off and the new feed taken direct to the two inner lamps. Having had sufficient Jack Daniel's last night i set about it this morning, i left the existing mod as was but added a Diode from the original Green/white wire to the junction of the new fog feed. Result, now i have four brake lights in normal use but if i use the fog lights the system automatically reverts to two fog and two brake lights. Also that bloody annoying dash lamp has gone out. Looks like 2008 is not going to be too bad after all.

Happy new year to you all

Dave

Diodes available from Maplin at 69p each, part no UK60Q 600D

PS any local guys need a better explanation, i might even draw you a diagram.....:):):):):)

Supra MKiv Fog Light Mod.doc

Rear_Fog_Mod.jpg

I keep meaning to have a look at mine... so I can get rid of the ultra sexy caravan fog light on the back.

I have had a couple of people ask me if its standard lol

does it look standard? great lines all over the car and a fecking huge red light sticking out next to the number plate.... you think thats standard? lol

I keep meaning to have a look at mine... so I can get rid of the ultra sexy caravan fog light on the back.

I have had a couple of people ask me if its standard lol

does it look standard? great lines all over the car and a fecking huge red light sticking out next to the number plate.... you think thats standard? lol

Well i found this method much simpler that the one in the Tech section with all the relays etc and i am pleased with the result:d

I have been promising myself i would sort out the rear fogs on my car for about a year now, well new years resolution was do it. Ok it's done. My car had two of the brake light used as fogs, these were fed from a switch on the dash, a green/white wire had been cut off and the new feed taken direct to the two inner lamps. Having had sufficient Jack Daniel's last night i set about it this morning, i left the existing mod as was but added a Diode from the original Green/white wire to the junction of the new fog feed. Result, now i have four brake lights in normal use but if i use the fog lights the system automatically reverts to two fog and two brake lights. Also that bloody annoying dash lamp has gone out. Looks like 2008 is not going to be too bad after all.

Happy new year to you all

Dave

PS any local guys need a better explanation, i might even draw you a diagram.....:):):):):)

did you just put a diode insteed of the relay ?

i m interrested because i loose the fog when i instal the 98 light..

Far far simpler by the looks of it! I'd always thought the 2 relay and 4 resistors was an overly complex way of doing it. Good effort!

(Might be worth sticking that diagram as an alternative to the current How-To?)

Must have been the help from JD, not normally smart:)

PS without the diode D1 you can get strange effects depending on where you take the feed from, mine turned on the sidelights.:innocent: Diode cures backfeed problem

New pic and Doc uploaded