The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Supra, makes you smile

michael

I thought I'd better take the black whale out for a little drive today, her brakes were rusty and it's been about a month since we last had some time together...

Bless, isn't it odd how a car can make people smile - I lost count of the number of people who looked and smiled as they passed (or were passed), lots of passengers pointing and smiling, children struggling against seat belts to get a better look, people pointing camera phones, people just staring, people happy to see a 14 year old car with a noisy exhaust driving near them. Everyone let me out of junctions, people flashed to let me pull out to overtake, people moved in to the inside lane on the motorway, the Supra seemed to make people normal, it was interesting and nice at the same time.

The 10 minute drive turned into a 3 hour trip to nowhere, the planned trip to the Porsche dealership was cancelled...

I had that recently. Where did you think one existed?

Colton, Wakefield near PC World, Huddersfield And Dewsbury next to Sainsbury's - I just didn't fancy a trip to Owlcoates in Pudsey.

I even let CoPilot have a go at finding one but it reckoned on a 60 mile trip south.

It wasn't to be, maybe tomorrow.

well now i get it all the time people staring, saying positive comments etc etc. The other day i had two guys come to the garage one kept shaking my hand saying how much he loves the car and how well iv chosen the right kit along with the big deep dish wheels. It really puts a smile on my face as all the hard work has paid of with positive comments, i wanted to create a supra so all the people that say supras look shit need to think twice:)

well now i get it all the time people staring, saying positive comments etc etc. The other day i had two guys come to the garage one kept shaking my hand saying how much he loves the car and how well iv chosen the right kit along with the big deep dish wheels. It really puts a smile on my face as all the hard work has paid of with positive comments, i wanted to create a supra so all the people that say supras look shit need to think twice:)

if you are really happy with your car jazz why have an avatar of someone else:blink:

well yea but after seeing it everyday it just gets normal, but seeing another supra excites me and i love to see different ones so long as they dont look too veilside

ouch you can be so hurtfull sometimes, be glad and happy for what you have young jazz, so many others would give so much for what you have

i had some kids come and tap on the window down at colchester at some traffic lights, they asked me to rev it, so i did, they were like wow all smiles, then they asked if it was a turbo like fast and furious? when i said no(looking at my feet, i might add) they turned around and walked off??? still sounds good though? ha ha

That kind of stuff never happens to me.

Happens all the time to me too, like below

I get more kids putting their thumbs up when I'm driving the Supe than when I'm driving the Porsche ten fold. It's like 'Whoooaaaa, a Supra, nice car man' :D :D

:yeahthat: