The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is every Supra TT Manual Modified?

Guest Koose

Hi Folks

Just started looking at TT manuals, only to find they all look like theyve gone through halfords covered in glue. Some are tastefully done, some look like deranged shopping trolleys. Is it gonna be a huge mission to find a subtly modified(no big soilers or lairy valances) TT manual?

Mark

ill say it before everyone else does... dont rule out the auto ;)

i was going to swap out the auto in mine but after driving it i wouldnt give it up for the world :)

i think manuals get tarted up because people think "ohh i can afford this fast sports cars and i can put a wikid spoiler onit and if i get a manual i can do burnouts down mcdonalds" :p

Hi Folks

Just started looking at TT manuals, only to find they all look like theyve gone through halfords covered in glue. Some are tastefully done, some look like deranged shopping trolleys. Is it gonna be a huge mission to find a subtly modified(no big soilers or lairy valances) TT manual?

Mark

what car do you drive at the moment mate

what car do you drive at the moment mate

Erm i have

1993 Original 220 Gti Turbo (Reliable runaround)

1995 Rev3 turbo MR2 (the toy)

2002 MGZR with a 2.0turbo transplant, but it looks like a stock 105hp MG matchbox toy.

Im definately selling the MG in the new year, i only bought it to do the transplant and sell for a profit. Ive had a few cars over the years like the compulsory Skyline, a BMW M-Tech 1, Prelude Si 2.2, Maestro turbo etc.

Ive always drolled over the Mkiv Supra though, as do all car enthusiasts i think.

Mark

Erm i have

1993 Original 220 Gti Turbo (Reliable runaround)

1995 Rev3 turbo MR2 (the toy)

2002 MGZR with a 2.0turbo transplant, but it looks like a stock 105hp MG matchbox toy.

Im definately selling the MG in the new year, i only bought it to do the transplant and sell for a profit. Ive had a few cars over the years like the compulsory Skyline, a BMW M-Tech 1, Prelude Si 2.2, Maestro turbo etc.

Ive always drolled over the Mkiv Supra though, as do all car enthusiasts i think.

Mark

bet when you get a bone stock 6 speed tt you will mod it:d

Get a hold of Jürgen from JM-imports. he'll be able to get you exactly what you want from Japan. I got a A1 (mint) 93 6sp hardtop which had done 50k completely 100% stock.

How much was that?

How much was that?

I'm sorry, I can't answer that one, since I bought it in Denmark from a partner of Jurgen and pricing here in DK is VERY different since we need to pay 180% taxes on cars. So it was somthin like £30.000,-

But take a look at http://www.jm-imports.co.uk:

This is how mine looked when I got it: http://www.jm-imports.co.uk/cars_forsale_rztt93mansilver.htm

Yes, just be patient. It's a buyers market, but be prepared to wait for a few months until you find THE ONE

That is exactly what i'm going to do.

First i wanted to buy one around februari 2008 but what if i buy one and 2 weeks later there's a car for sale that i like even more?

So i will wait and save up even more cash!

At februari i can spend around 10k and the end of december 2008 i can spend around 18k.

I'm not in a hurry, i will find the car! :search: :D

(going for the TT,manual)

Is it just the looks you're worried about? You realise if you get a stock engine you'll have it at BPU within 2 months anyway!! :D

If it's just the looks then like robin said just get any one and replace the bumpers, you can sell the aftermarket bits and not have to pay much on top for stock parts.

Yep its just hving a stock body that bothers me. Id like a stock engine too in the hope that itd point towards it not having been thrashed(prepares for laughter..)

Yep , just driven without mechanical sympathy so thrashed from the moment the coolant gauge goes to halfway(but before the oil is warm), bounced off the limiter everywhere. Im not naive, i realise the cars arent going to have been driven at 3k everywhere, and i hope they havent as i know this causes problems. But i dont want to be opening up the engine replacing seals etc in the first year.