The mkiv Supra Owners Club

seatbelts or ?

gaz1

I had a set of harnesses in my R32 and I found them to be a real pain and used the seatbelt most of the time, they are very restrictive and I found myself having to undo them a lot at car park barriers and the Dartford crossing etc as it fixes you right back in the seat, my girlfriend really hated them as well as she felt a right lemon putting them on :D, great for spirited driving however

Gaz i would keep your seatbelts attched for everyday use. Harnesses really effect your range of movement in the seat, fine on the track but on the road you really need to see all your blind spots fully.

Buy a harness bar and attach the harness to that. Search for sparco harness bar.

Had them in my Westfield (as do most) agree with above, great for driving but a pain at other times.

Best 20 seconds of fun ever, watching my mate try to get out of his when the car went up in flames and there was fire coming out of every side of the bonnet - he was hitting every bit of the belt except the release :D

We were both OK, but the poor car wasn't :(

I had them in my last supra butdrivers side only, and will be putting my Sparco's in my current supra when i get around to it. I like them because...well i know it sounds sad but i felt 'one with the car'...pinned in :D

Its not your daily driver anyway is it?

no just weekends and trips to europe, i think both could be cool, but the new seats don,t accomadate seat belts like the supe

Gaz i would keep your seatbelts attched for everyday use. Harnesses really effect your range of movement in the seat, fine on the track but on the road you really need to see all your blind spots fully.

Buy a harness bar and attach the harness to that. Search for sparco harness bar.

fully agree, keep the stock belts, harness'es round town are dangerous due to limited vision