The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Recaros seats and Bride subframes

flukey-lukey

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im pretty sure its RO type as MO fits brix 1 but the speed had brix 2 spaced bolt holes

(RO-type) appears to match the dimensions of the Recaro.The Recaro sppeds width is 405mm and the distance from the rear to front holes are 235 and 260 mm respectively. Check out the pic below and you'll see that they appear to match.

http://www.tees-usa.com/images/rail_s_RO.gif

but ill confirm 100% whn i get a mail back

mo are completely different

http://www.tees-usa.com/images/rail_s_MO.gif

The only difference between RO's, MO's and FO's are the mounts. The RO's do not have mounts and thus the seats just fit directly to the rails. The MO and FO rail sets come with base or side mounts respectively. Go for the MO's or FO's as then you will also get the mounts, should you ever want to change seats. I think this is correct anyway. I spent a lot of time reading all about the different ones when I had issues with mine.

Below is one of many emails sent to Nengun after they sent me side mounts instead of base mounts.

"I have just been researching this via various sites which show the dimensions of the rails and part numbers. MO's definately work for the Supra and seats that I have. In fact the only difference between the FO and MO rails for the Supra are the actual mounts for the different type of seats. See attached word document.

Looking at the actual rails supplied to me and comparing them to the ones on the Tee's site T109 and T110 rails are used for FO's, RO's and MO's. The only reason they use the code T109FO etc is because that is the kit code to make sure that they ship the side mounts with the actual T109 rail. This obviously makes sense from a manufacturing point of view as you can then just send the relevant mounts with the actual rail and save yourself producing 3 different types of rails. "

Rails[1].doc

mate the mo is basically a ro with 2 extra bits so it can fit other base mounts

im 99% sure you need ro for recaro speeds but i will confirm

FO for side mounts only, nothing to do with the speeds

Thats what I said above, just in a lot more words :)

I would go for the MO's as they cost about £7 more (when I look at the 2 types on Nengun.com) and you can use them in future for other seats.

Mark