The mkiv Supra Owners Club

question: modified supra v supercar

cossack

sorry, didnt really make myself clear, by supercar i ment Ferrari F430, Koenigsegg CCX,Lamborghini Murcielago lp640 (the stuff found on the top gear board) etc as far as modified supra goes, i mean no limits - as well sorted and tuned as possible (but still road legal, everyday usable).

In a straight line i expect the Supra would hold its own but round the twisties no chance. The supercars are designed with the power they have in mind so suspension brakes etc are matched to this output whereas most supras with big power use the stock components.

couldn't have put it better myself, even off the mark a top super car would leave a supra behind and would take a fair amount of time for a big power supra to catch up

I'd be game to try almost anything except the like of a Mclaren or the like, I find most stuff is over rated and a well modded supra can hold its own. Will get a go at an R8 shortly when the weather improves and John takes it out. That will be easy meat :)

MY car goes like a rocket, handles great and stops on a plate, it would take a very very fast car to outrun me.

power is never a problem, and with enough stripping and tuning you could get it to go round a track properly,

but I have serious doubts that on road tires a powerful supra would be able to keep up with the top echelons of the leaderboard around a track that demanded majority of 3rd gear work.

I can't think of many tracks that need 4th gear for very long.

It's why I like Marham as I can't stretch her legs safely anywhere else; but i bet Marham is 3x the size of the top gear track.

Maybe I will change my mind once my suspension has a professional set.