The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello- new member here!

Guest hiasakite

Guest hiasakite

Hello!..

Recently joined these forums as I've been considering chopping in one of my cars...

One of the options I'm looking at is a TT Supra- hence I've registered here to do my research..

Seems a really good community, and I particularly appreciate all the time and effort thats gone into the FAQ section and associated guides..

I've come from the VW scene- current stable is:

mk2 8v GTI (love it to bits, had it a long time, starting to get tired-)

Corrado VR6 (love that VR noise :) )

Looking to keep the Corrado, and change the Golf (when it dies, as it will do, though I have a habit of fixing it whenever it tries..) for something else..

The Supra has caught my attention, also looking at other options such as the mitsi GTO (though have heard via hearsey that they may be disappointing compared to a Sup), early/mid 90's M5, or going slightly leftfield to a Chimera/Griffith/V8S/, C4 or C3 Corvette..

Al.

Guest hiasakite

Morning all- thanks for the welcome!

Is reliability on my list?- good question-

One of the bonuses of running two cars (as I suspect a number of you have also found) is that I can afford to have take one off the road for a few days/weeks/month if needs be.. the key thing is as long as it doesn't actually leave me stranded-

However- something reliable would be good..- but not overly necessary..

...what does scare me is body/chassis rot..(6 months ago I was only after a TVR- then I saw what happens to the chassis/outriggers after 7-12 British winters and thus led me to open up my search a bit ...-just as well I was still saving up at the time!)

Welcome!

Being an ex VW owner myself I must admit that the transition to the supra was effortless and I'm not looking back really. I've owned a golf mk2 gti and a corrado vr6 when I used to live in Belgium and a golf mk4 here in the UK it was great fun but I'll simply put like this, the supras belong to a different class. My experience with my latest golf mk4 was simply sh*t, everything went wrong from ECU to electric mirrors... Reliability is very important for me, no comparison here really, just my two pennies. Get one, you'll not be disapointed!