The mkiv Supra Owners Club

windscreen steaming up

jayssupra

its the pollen filter or dust filter. wat every you want to call it.

its absorbs moisture when you use your fans, hence you use the fan more in the winter than the summer and winter air is damp, so the filter absorbs all this and becomes like a wet sponge.

therefore when you turn your fan on its pumping moist air onto your windscreen and not clearing it.

They should be changed every 2 years and they normally sit in or around the heater box or near the scuttle panel.

hopes this helps you. :)

The scuttle pannel is the bit of plastic that sits along the bottom edge of the windscreen - usually the wipers screw/bolt on through it. The pollen filter "should" be easily accessible (bearing in mind that it needs to be replaced regularly) and on VAG cars there is a small section of the scuttle panel held on with 2 screws - undo these and pull forward and you can access the filter from there.

Would assume (silly me) that a Supra is similar....

The supra doesn't have a pollen filter.

As for misting up on the windows, water is getting into the car somewhere. Could be anywhere really, but door and window seals are a good place to start checking, along with the tailgate seal.

Ah, that explains it. I remember seeing the how-to guide on the Soarer site, but never any talk of the Supra one.

Ah, that explains it. I remember seeing the how-to guide on the Soarer site, but never any talk of the Supra one.

my bad also - i see mention of fitting a soarer unit to encorporate a filter - but not in the supra as standard.

Seems weird to me - the air coming into the cabin must be filtered at some point - otherwise anything harmful could get in.

I won't argue though...... :)