The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Spun the supra

Shane

Went to Leicester yesterday to collect my lad's new car (Scooby STI) and managed to lose control of the Supe on the way home.

Had just go onto the main part of the Market Harbor'o bypass and had been following Paul in his STI for about 5 miles and he was following 2 quite slowish moving cars in front of him. As we approached the Dual carriageway part, I knew that he would overtake both cars and he did, I followed and the second car suddenly pulled out to overtake the first just as i was almost alongside him. I braked and swung out to miss him and went into a uncontrollable spin, at one point I thought hell I am facing the right way again and havn't been hit, there was cars swerving all around me in evasive action. Then when I finally came to a stand still I was facing the wrong way on the carriageway and my engine had died.

That part of the road is on a hill and although I was facing the wrong way I managed to coast it onto the grass verge. I have no idea how none of the other cars didn't drive into me and can only say how well they all drove to avoid me. Paul said he looked in his rear view mirror just as the bloke had pulled out and saw me spinning and all the cars going everywhere. He thought there had been a mass pile up and was amazed when he got back to find me sitting there in shock on the verge unscathed.

Bloody bloke in the car that pulled out didn't stop tho.

Was a really close one this time!

The reason the engine died was because I had not tightened the battery and leads down properly when I had changed it the other day in a rush and one of the cables had fallen off.

wow, someone is looking after you. :blink:

that's amazing you don't have a scraqtch. what speed were you going when the guy pulled out?

Thanks for the kind words Guys, yeah reckon I was well lucky. Cant be sure but reckon must have been accelerating past 60, had been sitting at 35/40 for ages and then floored it probably about ten secs or so before he pulled out.

Close call mate, and good to hear no damage done to your Supra....though maybe a little to your underwear :)

At this time of year, it would seem that few people check their mirrors and look over their shoulder when changing lanes. Its as if Christmas takes away good driving habbits.

I had to nip from St.Helens into Widnes and back to St.Helens, during that trip I was cut up 5 times, 2 of them really close misses.

If I was driving the worlds smallest car I could understand people struggling to see me, but I was drving a Seat Alhambra for gods sake!