The mkiv Supra Owners Club

rltc setting in cold weather

hogmaw

I have a strict winter setting from our resident guru, Terminator.

It's probably overkill but I specified that it had to be strict and Terminator delivered.

Saying that though it definitely doesn't work on greasy surfaces. Yesterday, I was in the tunnel under Leeds station and when I pulled away from the lights the back wheels span up a bit and the rear drifted towards the kerb. I reckon the wheel speed was higher than 5mph but as RL leans off 5% when the front wheels are straight I'd say it was the surface not the unit.

This is the left most lane heading into Leeds and about one car back from the lights/crossing if anyone wants to try it!

I have a strict winter setting from our resident guru, Terminator.

It's probably overkill but I specified that it had to be strict and Terminator delivered.

Saying that though it definitely doesn't work on greasy surfaces. Yesterday, I was in the tunnel under Leeds station and when I pulled away from the lights the back wheels span up a bit and the rear drifted towards the kerb. I reckon the wheel speed was higher than 5mph but as RL leans off 5% when the front wheels are straight I'd say it was the surface not the unit.

This is the left most lane heading into Leeds and about one car back from the lights/crossing if anyone wants to try it!

I had a similar thing happen to me. I was going along a DC and put the foot down and the back stepped out a little :( but you can adjust the straight line slip if you want. I adjusted mine to 2% and it reacts so much quicker. I done the same test in the wet and RLTC just does a gentle cut before you even feel the back slide out and keeps it pointing in a straight line, worked a treat. It doesnt bog down from a standing start either so I'm happy with mine :)

Thats exactly what I was talking about. When I pull out of a t-junction it works perfectly, but not always in a straight line.

Mine was setup by Termi as well.