The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Opinions on this - what needs doing etc

Peter P

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320197625382&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=011

Hi Guys,

Saw the above and have asked the seller what the TRD tuning side consists of as can't see much that differs from a stock n/a other than the graphics, extra gauges in dash and the TRD steering wheel? :search:

I'm guessing this isn't being sold by anyone on here as it would have been listed in the cars for sale section?

I'm dubious about the claim that £1,500approx will sort this out as can't see the passenger side wing area clearly in any of the pics.

Guess what i'm after is opinions on whether this would go again and what to expect price wise for straightening the chassis arm?

Cheers.

Pete :cool:

Simple really mate.

The add says they estimate a bill of £1500 to repair. So, ask them where they got the figure from and if they would take the job on for that price if you win the auction.

If they say yes, you know where you stand.

If they say no (and I'm sure they will), walk away.

Their figure is plucked out of the air I reckon.

Cheers guys.

Any ideas though on what tuning it's likely to have? Being a TT owner (did have an n/a but never a runner!) I am not familiar with mods for the 2JZ-GE although I was looking into them a while back and with the exception of na-T I thought these were very untuneable?

Cams, induction and exhaust are about it apart from nitrous or have I missed something?

Did TRD do a special edition na? :search::blink:

Pete :)

Looks like a bag of trouble if you ask me, even if they are able to get the lot done for £1500 which i v v v much doubt it, you would still be looking@ £2500 all in for a N/A supra. You could buy a nice ready to go one for 3-4grand, just not worth it. Besides it would still be a CAT C / D i bet, so reselling would be a pain.

As you say TRD bit is probably just what they have called it, and the car has nothing in common with an actual TRD spec supra except graphics.

Si

Just had a reply from them on fleabay:

we bought the car having a TRD ecu upgrade and a TRD spoiler and skirts however the TRD spoiler was sold seperately we literally picked the car up from the docks when it landed from japan and the accident happened on the way back to the garage so no chance to dyno have all the japanese paperwork ready to register the car in this country. We have had many supra's non turbos twin turbo's and single turbo's this one is very fast for a non turbo and the engine screams once your past 4500 rev's it may have uprated cams but were not 100% sure

Not very convincing IMHO :rolleyes::(

there is a damaged TT on eBay at the moment which is better value than this N/A. I figure that if the N/A will cost 1.5k you can almost buy a working one at that price. The black Tt needs a new rolling shell but the engine etc is mint.

Think I was watching that one as well but it was withdrawn??? :search:

If not, any chance of a linky please mate? ;):D

J

we bought the car having a TRD ecu upgrade and a TRD spoiler and skirts however the TRD spoiler was sold seperately we literally picked the car up from the docks when it landed from japan and the accident happened on the way back to the garage so no chance to dyno have all the japanese paperwork ready to register the car in this country. We have had many supra's non turbos twin turbo's and single turbo's this one is very fast for a non turbo and the engine screams once your past 4500 rev's it may have uprated cams but were not 100% sure

Utter rubbish

TRD ECU for an NA???

Never heard of it, doubt very much.

£1500 to repair... don't think so.

Both front chassis legs are bent

Back quarter is bent in

Front bumper is bent

Headlights (£300)

Rear bumper (Which is £700+ on is own)

Slam panel

Front Wing

Bonnet