The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Staffs Terrier 1 - 0 Supra

Lukeyboy2k

There have been a few Supra vs animals threads - here's mine.

I lost.
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_angry.gif

Driving home from a late finish at work yesterday when a Staffs Terrier decided to bolt across the road and run into the path of my moving car. It was only a few metres away from me when I first saw it - too late. I put a quick dab on the brakes, but in those conditions thought it unwise to stamp on them - bang!

I carried on until it was safe to turn around and return to the scene of the collision.............. Dog was fine, owners didn't seem bothered in the slightest. I took a look at the car. On first impressions it appeared I'd lost a front indicator (totally shattered). At first I was quite relieved, dog OK, minimal damage - a fairly good outcome (or so I thought).

<!--url{0}-->[/img]</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> It wasn

<!--url{1}-->[/img]</p><p> </p><p> I can appreciate this is a [b]very[/b] minor incident in the grander scheme of things, but why can

If I'd have been aware of this at the time I'd be trying to pursue the owners for damages. I know I wouldn't have got far (they seemed like the "wot u gonna do bout it m8?" type of people that will undoubtedly have no pet insurance).

Anyway........Staffs Terriers are 'ard little b*ggers - so watch out! ;)

Don't suppose anyone has a spare ebay replica facelift front indicator (i.e. one that has no orange in it whatsoever)? :search:

claim from the dog owner

it's their responsibility to have the dog under control, not running free across a road.

I didn't exchange details, so I don't know where they live. :rolleyes: I totally agree with you about them having the dog under control though.

Also, I suspect the police would need to be involved and I'm not sure I could be bothered with the hassle. I think I'll wait until the spring and re-spray the bumper my self.