The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Big twin Supra

Jezz

We have fitted an RPS Carbon clutch for a customer this week, and i've brought the car home to put a few miles on at the customers request. Now, obviously when we were doing the work I noticed it was quite a beasty under the bonnet, but after driving it home....MY GOD!!! Bit confused as to the spec though, the Turbos are big aftermarket twins, sort of look like the HKS twins, but all they have on them markings wise is Mitsubishi Motor Co? Come on full boost at 5k, so quite laggy, but like opening the gates of hell when they do spool up, undrivable above 4.5k rpm in ANY gear. Anybody have any idea as to what this Turbo setup may be? Something else quite wierd, it has a secondary fuel rail mounted near the rad thats plumbed up to a couple of injectors mounted directly into the inlet pipework? Never seen this done before. :search: I'll go and try and get some pics.....

Nope, would never touch such a Crude device like that on a car of its spec but was asked to look at it ages ago for maybe installing a MoTeC or AEM. Has alot more potential if its still running that injector controller ;)

More info on the car below

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=110843&highlight=td%2A

What ECU is it running? Just a stock one with the Blitz fuel controller for the 2 extra injectors? :blink: Seemed to go ok, EGT's and oil press/temps were good. Gotta love Jap tuning! :D

Anyway, some pics.....