The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Parts help please

carl0s

Woman drove into the back of me on Saturday. Very little damage but the rear bumper is a bit scratched & dented right above the exhaust.

My car is a facelift jap car, but I think I am going to ask for a UK rear bumper so that it has the correct number plate cutout. Do you guys see a problem with this?

Can anyone give part number of rear bumper from a UK car if they don't forsee an issue with fitment or anything else?

Also, right at the bottom of the bumper on the inside is a polystyrene shock/impact absorber. This looks fine, but behind it there is a sort of piece of metal that goes all the way across. It's not the square/rectangle crash bar, but more of a folded metal thing. It's very slightly dented, but it's also rather corroded, so I would like that replaced too. Any idea of a part number?

I do have the UK EPC, but not Jap, and it's on my desktop computer at home which I don't have remote access to :(

Thanks for any help guys.

Thanks Col. Does that mean the J spec one won't need painting at all?

That diagram doesn't show the piece I mean. It runs across the bottom.

It's the cutout that I want rid of. A painted square of plastic has been placed behind the number plate to cover the hole.

Crikey! £600! Well, her insurance will be paying if she can't afford it herself, so cost isn't really an issue, but I will probably go for a UK bumper so that I don't have to cover that daft hole. I'm sure the mountings will be the same.

Here's a photo of the other bit I'm talking about (the rusty bit):

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/4320/88891105pr0.jpg

and here's a picture of the damage. You can see the square piece behind the numberplate that I was talking about too:

http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/8481/46498751gu3.jpg