The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Retarded is the word!

ShamelessTT

Hi all

My Supra doesnt have an alarm at the moment, anyway so im basically putting a toad one on it. So i ring the insurance to inform them and see what difference it makes. Too my shock it doesnt make any difference at all!! infact theres a £17 charge for adding it on.

So in there logic my cars no safer with an alarm / immobiser on it! JOKERS!

My exact words were thats RETARDED to the poor women on the phone.

Yeh thats what im thinking, to be honest once its fitted il argue the case with them, ill win.....im a bit of a bitch!

She also had the cheek to say that it would probably have made a difference when you first took out the policy but because ur adding it on theres a charge so what u have saved has been cancelled out.........

that takes the urine a little mate.

Id let your policy run out then renew else where!!

Are you shure the £17 isnt the charge for changing the policy documentation?

They tryed to gharge me £15 when I put my private plate on it - I argued with them for 5 mins on the phone and eventualy got the charge wrote off

Admiral are an ar5e when it comes to changing details they always try and charge an admin charge which seems to be a price they pick out of the sky. They also give no discount for cat 1 alarms or trackers, but to be fair they will insure me on a TT for relatively peanuts anyway so I can't complain in that regard. One thing I also noticed was a few years back I ran a quote and forgot to add my accident into the details and the price came back the same, so it looks like they don't charge you any extra of you have had a previous claim against you.