The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Word of WARNING DO NOT USE...

dannysupratt

If you don't get a written guarantee for up to a specific amount in losses, what do you expect?

You can't take them to court claiming hearsay and memories of a phonecall, can you.

Just look at the picture of a customer they display on their front page: speaks volumes!

There is laws that regulate this area and the company DO have a duty to provide reasonably accurate information. Terms and conditions limiting negligence are also frowned on by the courts so if someone did take them to court they would likely get their asses kicked. Problem is that no one is likely to realise the error until some time has passed.

I am the developer for the mycarcheck.com site. This topic was brought to our attention and we wanted to clarify a few points.

I can assure you that we receive information from the insurance companies via the same system as HPI/RAC and Experian/Autocheck do, namely MIAFTR. The information primarily comes in the form of an automated data feed, which is included in our database, but we also have the ability to manually log into the MIAFTR system directly and perform searches.

When customers believe that our report is wrong we use the direct MIAFTR search on both the VRM and VIN to check the information provided. In the case of the two vehicles in question, I have rechecked them on MIAFTR and there is no information held for them.

Occasionally, and for various reasons, we do have data that our competitors do not and vice versa. In addition, it is up to the individual companies as to what information is released from the data they receive - e.g. we include whether the vehicle has been stolen and recovered whereas HPI/RAC do not.

We are looking into the reasons behind the discrepancy and will be contacting dannysupratt soon.

I am the developer for the mycarcheck.com site. This topic was brought to our attention and we wanted to clarify a few points.

I can assure you that we receive information from the insurance companies via the same system as HPI/RAC and Experian/Autocheck do, namely MIAFTR. The information primarily comes in the form of an automated data feed, which is included in our database, but we also have the ability to manually log into the MIAFTR system directly and perform searches.

When customers believe that our report is wrong we use the direct MIAFTR search on both the VRM and VIN to check the information provided. In the case of the two vehicles in question, I have rechecked them on MIAFTR and there is no information held for them.

Occasionally, and for various reasons, we do have data that our competitors do not and vice versa. In addition, it is up to the individual companies as to what information is released from the data they receive - e.g. we include whether the vehicle has been stolen and recovered whereas HPI/RAC do not.

We are looking into the reasons behind the discrepancy and will be contacting dannysupratt soon.

Thanks for the information. :)

what a bullshit site :blink: I own a few cars and apparently you have "Important information" (in red!) about all of them. Most notably my 07 shogun that I bought brand new.......is the "important information" that it has never been stolen/financed/crashed? Oh wait....i'd have to pay to find out wouldn't I?! lol

You must think people are mugs.....now added a warning on some of our sites/blogs and work intranet.....soon to be on pistonheads too.

Bin your company, it's not worth the internet bandwidth it's relying on.

I own a few cars and apparently you have "Important information" (in red!) about all of them.

To be fair, 'important information' doesn't always mean a problem. For example the important information in this case might be that it is owned by you Lewis!! :D

(surely that adds value to the car and is 'important info'??? :D)

I am the developer for the mycarcheck.com site.

Big compay then, eh? :rlol:

Just a word to others here about using the term 'hpi' when saying 'I did an hpi check with MYCARCHECK' or whoever. HPI is a company in its' own right, so be careful about using their brand name with reference to other companies and then saying they were sh!te - HPI them selves might not like it and it just confuses things a little.