The mkiv Supra Owners Club

is my wheel bearing away?

d00gzy

will try and make a sound recording of the noise im getting from my rear wheel but it sounds high pitched like when u let air out a balloon with some scratching. Usually only hear it at low speeds but yesterday i had it on the motorway and u could clearly hear it at 50 and 60 miles an hour. Thought my wheel was gonna fall off or go on fire.

Took the wheel off and there is no scratches on the disk, its not cracked, the pad has a bit of life left in it still. Tried wiggling the wheel for play (top to bottom and laft to right) but it seems quite tight.

noise was still there whether braking or not, at first i thought braking made it go away but tried just now and there constantly.

Was no noise for the first minute or so of driving then the noise started,

Oh and the sound seems to be worse when reversing for some reason!?!

Driving round bends or bumps doesnt make the noise any more or less prominent.

The car just passed its mot 2 weeks ago with an advisory note on light misting of oil on front shock and reduced damping effect on from shocks.

Could be doing without this problem being so close to xmas, will put it into garage in the next week but looking for any ideas from you guys wot it could be.

Sorry for going on so long, but its just getting embarrassing pulling up at a set of lights with a supercar like this and it sounding like an old banger! Cheerz for any help you can gve me.