The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mesh needed

Carl_S

Hello people,

I need some ideas as to what kind of mesh, I should get and how to attach it.

Anyone had experience of fitting mesh?

Mine might be more of a custom affair as I don't want the Veil Splitter back on the car.

At the bottom, it looks kinda ugly as you can see the heater matrix and oil catch tray (I think I'm right in saying that's what they are), So Im hoping that mesh is the way to go.

Just have no idea how to attack these kinds of things.

And mesh wise whats available. I have some Chicken wire type mesh on my skyline, and it looks rather horrid.

Hoping for a better solution.

Carl

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/4904/13122007477xg7.jpg

Bit off topic but think the front bumper looks incomplete without the bottom part of it there, if you mesh it your gonna have the mesh hanging free across the bottom too. have you considered going back to a stock bumper if you're having clearence issues

Bit off topic but think the front bumper looks incomplete without the bottom part of it there, if you mesh it your gonna have the mesh hanging free across the bottom too. have you considered going back to a stock bumper if you're having clearence issues

Thanks for you comment MK, yeah I'm sure to some it looks incomplete (or even worse), looks like I will have to find a way of attacthing and keeping mesh there.

There are plenty of fixing bolts there from the old splitter, so it might just be a question of getting brackets.

Probably will experiment with cheaper, non-chicken wire looking mesh.

I like the veil bumper too much to remove it MK. besides its colour coded, with rest of car, respray seems silly expense.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Carl

By the way a bit of gravel or something hitting the FMIC as it is unexposed at 70+ L3Pt0Ns, is gonna hurt it right, bent fins and that? Thats the main reason why i want to mesh it up.

Turbonut is running with a company that is gonna be supplying mesh to members. Very high quality ie RR and Bentley. 3 piece set for standard nose is working out at less than £150.

In the mean time though, Halfrauds supply acceptable items.

Pig to fit if the cone's on the car. :)

Hope that piques the interest bud.

It's interesting Andy yeah, would like to know if they are able to supply other designs of mesh though, and if stainless steel can be as easily painted or sprayed black as aluminium mesh.

And yeah you guessed it, the nose will stay on the car. I might look into seeing how hard it is to take off, but.... we'll see.

Btw are you a fellow squirell? :)

I used the Halfords mesh and it was fine. It painted easy and was simple to fit with the bumper off the car. They make a fair few patterns and most are available in black to.

Might get me some black from halfords then. I want the Lights and badge to be to focus, and keep the "bling" element down.