The mkiv Supra Owners Club

oem veilside or without

liam1

Definitely the veilside spoiler.

For these crucial reasons:

1) If you have something as ostentatious as a veilside nose, then you need something to back that style up at the rear, or its just going to look like two different cars joined together.

2) The original spoiler is like a childlike toy, like a plastic handle for a supreme being to pick the car up and toss it aside: yes it looks like a door handle.

3) A supra without a rear spoiler is like a Lion without a mane, or a man without testicles - pointless and ridiculous, even more so if you have a veilside front.

Feel strongly about this.

:)

Carl

P.S. It's possible to have uprated rear tailgate struts made so that the boot stays open with the veilside on, and you can show off your install without fear.

My VS is de-finned. Has been since i got it.

I think its OK but i much prefer the TRD spoiler. With a Veilside kit on you need to have a spoiler IMO. Have a look in my garage and you will see mine without the fin. Might be another option to you.

I would definitely plan to get a TRD spoiler in the future though. Will still look great with the kit.

Scott =op

Definitely the veilside spoiler.

For these crucial reasons:

1) If you have something as ostentatious as a veilside nose, then you need something to back that style up at the rear, or its just going to look like two different cars joined together.

2) The original spoiler is like a childlike toy, like a plastic handle for a supreme being to pick the car up and toss it aside: yes it looks like a door handle.

3) A supra without a rear spoiler is like a Lion without a mane, or a man without testicles - pointless and ridiculous, even more so if you have a veilside front.

Feel strongly about this.

:)

Carl

P.S. It's possible to have uprated rear tailgate struts made so that the boot stays open with the veilside on, and you can show off your install without fear.

Hmmm, I'm not a veilside fan by any stretch of the imagination, so first point fair enough. The second point however I will disagree. Toyota spent a FORTUNE developing the car and the stock spoiler is right for the job. Point 3, you got my vote :p

Hmmm, I'm not a veilside fan by any stretch of the imagination, so first point fair enough. The second point however I will disagree. Toyota spent a FORTUNE developing the car and the stock spoiler is right for the job. Point 3, you got my vote :p

lol as regards point 2 throwing lots of cash at something won't necessarily make it better looking, anyway, I know I'm out numbered here as most don't have a prob with it.

Thing is now I want to take my veil bumper off completely.. how hard is that to do?

lol as regards point 2 throwing lots of cash at something won't necessarily make it better looking, anyway, I know I'm out numbered here as most don't have a prob with it.

Thing is now I want to take my veil bumper off completely.. how hard is that to do?

Not that difficult in all fairness in fact fitting the bumper if it lines up right isn't difficult at all, just lots of bolts and interesting hand positions.

I am with you Carl. Veilside all the way. Looks almost identical to mine with the full kit on. :p

Not that difficult in all fairness in fact fitting the bumper if it lines up right isn't difficult at all, just lots of bolts and interesting hand positions.

K thanks.. thinking of fitting a single piece veil instead. all good fun, never messed with a car so much as this, and i've only had it a few weeks. Feel like i'm almost raping it. :rolleyes: