The mkiv Supra Owners Club

water injection

adam bell

my car has water injection on it but not wired up at the moment.

is it worth wiring up or shall i just leave it as it is.

spec so far is:front mount,blitz exhaust full decat,uk car in ttc mode,kn air filter,greddy boost controller (not fitted yet but will be set at 1.3 bar high 1.0 low)trl fuel cut defenser,

is it best to run the boost at 1.2 bar on uk turbos

You aren't going to squeeze much extra power from stock turbo's above 1.2 bar. You can run them higher but whats the point if its not giving you more power? In answer though if its already fitted then unless there is an unserviceable component in the system get it wired back in as it can only benefit the system.

I'll hazard a guess here. They have been lazy twats and wired the pump straight from the nearest 12 volt supply. Now if your pump is in the space on the nearside front wing area or around the light unit then what they have done is just take the 12 volt supply from your sidelight wire. What you need to do in this case is to get a relay that is operated from an ignition switched 12 volt to switch the 12 volt supply on and use a direct feed from the battery to power the pump.

Has the car been to TF in its life :stickpoke :D