to sell or not too?

grahamc

Sell???  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Sell???

• Sell
    • Keep it forever
    • Keep it till summer then sell

I have been toying with the idea of selling my car for some time now. I have received an offer of £9000 but its a little below what I wanted, and a LOT below what I have put into the car.

Very rarely use the car. Also considering put car back to standard(ish) interior...

Spec and details in my garage.

So opinions on what I should do...

Its a difficult one Graham, mine is a similar spec to yours except for a couple of things;) and if i was to sell, and I'm trying to be realistic about prices, i wouldn't except anything lower than 10K despite spending more than half that again on it, and i think its worth 12K at least;) as i have put so much work into it.

But as i think i know your plans, and being totally realistic i think that is a good fairly offer, although i think its worth more, but given the current climate for selling, if you want to move on, go ahead, the only other option is sit on it and hope prices go up.

I sold mine because it just sat there looking at me doing sod all as I had no time to drive it. I have never regretted anything so much in my life. I have my aristo now which is suffering the same fate ie just sitting around doing bugger all. I toyed with the idea of flogging it to someone that would use it. But sod that idea I will keep it forever and use it when I get a chance. The big smile is worth it :D

I would sell TBH. I have mine for sale and there has been not as much interest in it as i would have thought. Maybe it is wrong time of year or this credit crunch crap as i had 2 buyers 1, who could not get the funds to buy as he was refused a loan 2, who agreed to buy but then said he was going to sit and wait as he thinks prices will keep falling.

I have priced the car stupidly cheap and am getting pissed off trying to sell. I can not afford to go much lower on price so have 3 options 1, sit and wait till summer 2, sell at lower price 3, break car and sell in parts as it would return more cash.

I am going with option 3 if i dont get close to what i have priced car for as i have a m3 e46 so am not using the supra ,so if your 9k offer is not far off mate i would deffo sell.

Its a difficult one Graham, mine is a similar spec to yours except for a couple of things;) and if i was to sell, and I'm trying to be realistic about prices, i wouldn't except anything lower than 10K despite spending more than half that again on it, and i think its worth 12K at least;) as i have put so much work into it.

But as i think i know your plans, and being totally realistic i think that is a good fairly offer, although i think its worth more, but given the current climate for selling, if you want to move on, go ahead, the only other option is sit on it and hope prices go up.

Yeah, you sort of know :D

However I am always changing my mind, but I do want to move on.

Just so unsure... whenever I have a decent drive in the car I love it, however hate getting on and off the driveway :(

Where is the 4th option?

4. Do what the hell you want it is your car. :D

Seriously do what you think is best, if it's a waste of money regardless if it is a Supra I would sell.

I am just trying to decide...

I would sell TBH. I have mine for sale and there has been not as much interest in it as i would have thought. Maybe it is wrong time of year or this credit crunch crap as i had 2 buyers 1, who could not get the funds to buy as he was refused a loan 2, who agreed to buy but then said he was going to sit and wait as he thinks prices will keep falling.

I have priced the car stupidly cheap and am getting pissed off trying to sell. I can not afford to go much lower on price so have 3 options 1, sit and wait till summer 2, sell at lower price 3, break car and sell in parts as it would return more cash.

I am going with option 3 if i dont get close to what i have priced car for as i have a m3 e46 so am not using the supra ,so if your 9k offer is not far off mate i would deffo sell.

Its not that far off, especially considering that I would need to clean up the car a little before putting up for sale.

You moose!! I actually thought that you'd had mega amounts of work done and the "pic you liked" was the finished product....:rolleyes:

H.

And you call me a moose :rlol: