The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another one

edge

Taken from another forum but local to me

Quote - between 11-12 today the 13th dec, near the mall just off the round about oposite the bowl centre tgi etc, i hope the driver as o.k as the o/s/f was a compleat mess- from its meeting with a sign post.

black front number plate starting with a 4.........

police were cleaning up so might have been someting on the road surface.

i personally think this winter is colder than last year which means more dodgy road conditions :(

That maybe true, but losing control generally means travelling too fast or asking too much of the car for the conditions.

Just slowing down, being lighter and more progressive on the controls and taking the conditions into account could be the difference between meeting with a roadsign or something else equally solid, or getting to where you want to go in one piece.

That maybe true, but losing control generally means travelling too fast or asking too much of the car for the conditions.

Just slowing down, being lighter and more progressive on the controls and taking the conditions into account could be the difference between meeting with a roadsign or something else equally solid, or getting to where you want to go in one piece.

i no but ive ben driving a 4x4 suburu legacy estate for the last week and even its having dificulty at a slow pace on the icey roads lol i dont even think the supra would get moving:p

Seems as Class one has said people are overdoing it based on the conditions which is worrying as it isn't even at its coldest or worst road conditions :(.

I have been using the soop all week and granted the roads are not particulalrly brilliant but they are not that bad and progress can be made without tip toeing around ! Maybe it is a combo of inexperience that is playing its part ?

(I have cursed myself now :rolleyes:, watch me hit a wall next time i take it out :D)

i no but ive ben driving a 4x4 suburu legacy estate for the last week and even its having dificulty at a slow pace on the icey roads lol i dont even think the supra would get moving:p

Know where your coming from bud drive the same car,work on a farm and just getting there is some thing of a mare,and thats just the A roads and d/cs.

If your in the supe guys take extra care and stay safe.

Seems as Class one has said people are overdoing it based on the conditions which is worrying as it isn't even at its coldest or worst road conditions :(.

I have been using the soop all week and granted the roads are not particulalrly brilliant but they are not that bad and progress can be made without tip toeing around ! Maybe it is a combo of inexperience that is playing its part ?

(I have cursed myself now :rolleyes:, watch me hit a wall next time i take it out :D)

Good post.

The other night I struggled to get the back end to do anything, and it was slightly wet on the ground. I was slightly disappointed but my mate following thought I was just trying to accelerate away really quickly :)

You should be going out in your car in this weather armed with the knowledge that your extra wide tyres will let go alot earlier in wet or icy conditions than all the other traffic with narrower tyres. You then drive accordingly. Don't make the basic school boy error of believing you have to be able to keep up with all rep mobiles etc on the road and just accept that you can't. If you were to put narrower wheels on with proper winter tyres then you would see a noticeable improvement of icy and wet weather performance.

You should be going out in your car in this weather armed with the knowledge that your extra wide tyres will let go alot earlier in wet or icy conditions than all the other traffic with narrower tyres. You then drive accordingly. Don't make the basic school boy error of believing you have to be able to keep up with all rep mobiles etc on the road and just accept that you can't. If you were to put narrower wheels on with proper winter tyres then you would see a noticeable improvement of icy and wet weather performance.

Isn't that the truth, I dropped Ben off to pick up his courtesy car, C4 auto turbo diesel thingy, and he was able to put distance between us on the way home purely because I was having to slow down so much round the roundabouts unless I wanted to do them initial d style...

Common guys, it is not even proper late autumn, not to mention proper winter :p Driving condition on road is pretty ok, just little icy at early morning and late evening. Keep your foot down and be gentle with car, it's not bloody tractor you driving, but proper car :)

i drove to the local garden center tonight with 2 extras in the car (yes someone in the back!) and it was rush houur so i wasnt going fast. still had a few twitchy moments turning out of junctions. nothing i couldnt handlt but SO easy to see how going just a little 2 fast could get you in serious trouble. the carpark i parked in was as slippy as fu*k aswell.

Common guys, it is not even proper late autumn, not to mention proper winter :p Driving condition on road is pretty ok, just little icy at early morning and late evening. Keep your foot down and be gentle with car, it's not bloody tractor you driving, but proper car :)

You realise suddenly and unpleasantly how little grip you have in bad conditions when you get out of your car, close the door and see your car slide off on a very slight slope.

Waiting with bated breath for the almost inevitable "oops, I lost it" post...