The mkiv Supra Owners Club

got a bit sideways today!

jaw

completely unintentionally too! I hit a massive bit of ice before an a-road in the supra! Was doing 20 mph out from the the bend, (very gradual, forgiving bend) but then when I got on the straight, out of no where, on about 3k revs, WHOOSH, the back end tries to overtake! It wasn't an issue as it's something ive learnt to deal with on various track/event days, but never as badly as this on the road! the problem was, that after slip control kicked in, there was a surge of grip! The car started to spin, at a 45 degree angle, I eased off the throttle, and corrected steering and grappled with the car a bit, and got it under control - luckily, no one was in the second lane otherwise they would have had a teeny bit of my rear quarter in their door :imsorry:

The irony is, the whole journey I had people in passatts etc flashing me to speed up!!

my friend actually wet herself (good thing for leather seats I suppose)

I found it more exhilerating than scary (sure it would have been different if I cartwheeled into something!), but it's good to know that any events, drift and track days I've done have gone somewhere to helping me on the road when things go wrong!!!

It's icy out there!!

well done for controlling it dude.

i just went round a roundabout in Manor Royal doing about 25mph and as i9 turned to go around the roundabout...i hit some ice or something similar and it just glided towards the curb...luckily it took grip again quite soon, and as i wasn't going fast i managed to get it back under control - luckily there was no-one else on the roundabout either! just shows how quickly things can change in the winter especially.

take it easy out there fella's! (and girlies!! ;) )

You could have 2 sides to the venture, one makes the mess, the other cleans it up:

http://www.passenger-pissers.com & http://www.piss-stain-cleaners.com

Back on topic, I've had the car squirm on the road whilst diriving in a straign live off boost in the last couple days...and the gritters have been out!

I just think the roads are grimey as well as icey in some parts.