The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Not Happy

Matt H

My car has been collected today to go up to Hyper Sports in Wigan for the transplant work.

My mum turned up at the house to hand over the keys and the recovery guy has wrecked the rear end of the car to the point that the Veilside over fender has been broken in two. Its been badly scratched, but thats not an issue for me but i was hopeing to re-use the rears bits of my car in the transplant :(

Why do people trust their mums with such responsibility? That other guy Jezz was sorting out did the same.

If it were me I'd have been stood there filming it whilst telling the guy it was coming out of his pocket if he makes any marks.

Protection for both you AND the people doing the work from numpty transporters.

If hyper organised the pick up then its their responsibilityto claim from the recover company I would think. Just like if, say a dvd is returned for repair under warranty and the repair centre organize the collection it is their problem if the dvd player never turns up.

Guest Nicholas

Was it a low loader or a normal car transporter? Andy Hannah collected my car from London and I was well over the top when the guy loaded it on to low loader, took him an hour to load it up but not a single mark :) don;t think he liked me too much though.

My car has been collected today to go up to Hyper Sports in Wigan for the transplant work.

My mum turned up at the house to hand over the keys and the recovery guy has wrecked the rear end of the car to the point that the Veilside over fender has been broken in two. Its been badly scratched, but thats not an issue for me but i was hopeing to re-use the rears bits of my car in the transplant :(

Bloody hell matt, your not having much luck eh mate, hope you get it sorted soon.:(

Why do people trust their mums with such responsibility? That other guy Jezz was sorting out did the same.

If it were me I'd have been stood there filming it whilst telling the guy it was coming out of his pocket if he makes any marks.

Protection for both you AND the people doing the work from numpty transporters.

So If you cant trust you own mother who can you trust? lol, sorry Pete, some of us have jobs to do, and my mother handing over the keys to the guy was her responsibility, cant see what harm that is? what i didnt ask her to do was winch the car up

Suppose i would make a better job of filming it than her, but i still would trust her filming it, not that i would.

I think the phrase living in the real world works here.

Guest HyperSports

Hi Matt

I'm not taking sides with the Transport guy at all, but realistically the car needed a Fork Lift truck to be transported about. There is very little left of the exterior that can be re-used, including skirts, rear wing and all the overfenders TBH. We have already have had to cut the wings off and the front cross members just to manoeveure the car about.

It's worth bobbing down when you can to see the totallity of the damage now the front bits are taken away.

Cheers Chris