The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fuel Kit Vs Drop in Injectors

Glosphil

Still thinking about my single upgrade and one thing Im not sure about is fuelling.

Whats the benefit of a fuel kit i.e PHR stage 1, over drop in injectors using the stock rail etc?

I see a number of people using drop in injectors and getting big bhp, so why the need for a fuel kit?

Thanks

Well not really considered, just more, but I guess a true 500 would be nice but the option of going higher would also be nice, everyone gets bored !

basically I want it to be able to be driven normally whenever I like, but it has the beans to go mental when I wish it to lol

...And what EMU would be best, cheap but not cheap and unreliable if u know what I mean.

I dont want any problems with it.

I think if you continue down that route you are going to hit problems.

Forget cheap - cheap will get you hassle. Also, before you buy anything I would have looked at the EMU first as this is the heart of the whole system. If that's not right, then all the fuel systems, turbos or anything else you buy is a waste of money.

That was my original thinking, only started considering the stage 2+ because UK_Rich is selling one. Previously I was thinking of the Stage 1 or the street kit.

I would like it to spool quickly !

I'd recommend the Garrett GT35R, similar lag to a stock turbos, but with huge amounts more power.

Ok, so start me off. Which EMU?

Well, rather than go over all the old ground again (and I say that as I am sure you have asked most of these questions several times already), I would firstly look at the mappers available and their recommendations.

IMO, the Motec is the better one out there and is well supported in the UK but with that comes a cost. At the end of the day, you get what you pay for.

Yeah I have asked a few times before, not this question the thread was started for though. All the other questions stem form your answers, and yes I've asked them before, and yes I've had so many opinions, I tend to get lost. Remember you're talking to a novice here in terms of engineering knowledge.

This link one sounds good, I've read a few reports on that.

Who sells the Garrett GT35R nick? I guess you do? does it come as a complete kit? i.e. a COMPLETE kit, that I can do myself.

What figures are likely from it?

The Garrett turbos are cheaper direct from the US, kylestt can get them at good prices I believe.

There isn't a kit as such for the Supra, but I can supply a complete HKS single turbo kit minus the turbo that would be able to be used with the GT35R.

Here's my dyno at 1.2bar, see garage for full spec.

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/9592/542hpdynopl3.jpg

Ok, glad I asked these quesitons now, complete change around, once again :)

So Nic, can you price the HKS Kit for me, and it has everything yes? will it connect to my FMIC ? (Greddy 2 Row Spec M). I wont be able to fabricate stuff myself, so just need it all to bolt together really.

Ok, glad I asked these quesitons now, complete change around, once again :)

So Nic, can you price the HKS Kit for me, and it has everything yes? will it connect to my FMIC ? (Greddy 2 Row Spec M). I wont be able to fabricate stuff myself, so just need it all to bolt together really.

The HKS kit includes absolutely everything,. The IC pipe may need to be modified to fit the FMIC, but you'll have this problem with any single turbo kit.

Remember you're talking to a novice here in terms of engineering knowledge.

Who sells the Garrett GT35R nick? I guess you do? does it come as a complete kit? i.e. a COMPLETE kit, that I can do myself.

I am sorry my friend but that just shows a complete contradiction. The first post says you are a novice and the second says you are going to fit it yourself :blink: