The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tax

DannyB

weird one this! The Supra costs a bomb in all other aspects of running and what not as you all know

But TAX

for example mine to tax is £99 for 6 months and £180 for a year

Where as my brothers car ("Y" 1.8 astra coupe) is £205 for the year!

Why is this? Surely the emissions on such a big car like my TT6 are alot higher then that of the Astra!!

I only used that as an example because two of my mates have recently bought a 1.8T Cupra and a 1.8T Octavia. They both weren't too pleased to hear that my tax was sub £200 :D

Excellent.....

Glad you didn't spot my iffy post regarding red cars and polishing earlier too....:D

Cheers for that dude! :lol:

Hopefully I'll give her the works over Christmas - not yet polished her since that meet. And I've just bought some OEM beige mats to go in, but she needs a hoover inside too :D

:D We really must plan this Andy McNab style mate.. It's gonna take two of us.. I don't mind volunteering..:)

:D We really must plan this Andy McNab style mate.. It's gonna take two of us.. I don't mind volunteering..:)

:rlol:

I'll get the alloy cleaner, polish, clay bar and window cleaner. You can bring the chamois, bucket, hose and wash mitt :D

The last time I gave her the works (as it were...) it took me about 4 hours. The last time I saw 4 hours of daylight of a weekend was months ago :blink: And my front wheels get absolultely filthy by the end of my road when they're clean, which I find quite demoralising.

I've got 12 days off over Xmas/New Year, so hopefully I can find time then. I'm at my parents for Xmas too - they polished it for me last time I cleaned it there!

weird one this! The Supra costs a bomb in all other aspects of running and what not as you all know

But TAX

for example mine to tax is £99 for 6 months and £180 for a year

Where as my brothers car ("Y" 1.8 astra coupe) is £205 for the year!

Why is this? Surely the emissions on such a big car like my TT6 are alot higher then that of the Astra!!

bout 200 quid a year for tax in these days of global warming and environmental fervor, is a good deal

Poor Ireland that gets charged bout 700 quid in tax per year for a supe. :(