The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just fitted HID lights. pictures inside.

jamesmark

If anyone is thinking or needing to replace their lights, do not be silly by buying replacement bulbs!! buy HID's.

I had them on my last Supra, and just installed them on my UK spec supra.

Massive massive difference juch brighter and you are able to see further compared to normal run of the mill bulbs, and here are some before and after pictures.

Installed 4300k HID's.

Before:

Difference:

After:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished installing mine tonight too and im well pleased. Jamesmark any chance of a picture of the engine bay to see where you fitted the ballasts

Not now I can't. I have just (for now) slid it between the battery and the wing, and the other is fixed down with velcro behind the intercooler pipe going into the wing.

Looks sooo much better than the candles I've got on the front of mine. Been looking at the kit on envy's site today. Were they easy to do?

Thinking of this myself but not sure how difficult it is to do!!

Come on James, how clever do you have to be to fit these?

H.

Thinking of this myself but not sure how difficult it is to do!!

Come on James, how clever do you have to be to fit these?

H.

See the post above yours. :blink:

1. Unlug the lights

2. Take out the lights

3. Plug in the HID lights

4. Plug in the ballasts (hint:- they can only fit one way)

5. Turn on lights to check they work.

With J-specs it has been known that you have to reverse the polarity to make them work, which means modding the plug.

Because I have done it before it took 5 minutes to do both sides, it is totally plug and play.

Good one James.

Had a look on ebay from your thread. Is it the dealer who's got the same pic for all the different car models? What make are yours James. I've got to get some real sooon.

Cheers Bud ;)

Nice one mark. The difference is clear (Har-Har) :)

seems like we both install HIDS on a car today, you with obviously more success that me mate.

I replaced my sidelights with some PIAA leds. I think some of them these days come emarked.

I would definately say without a doubt that buying HiDs for my Supe was THE best mod.

what are PIAA leds? they fit into standard pre facelift supe? where can one acquire them?