The mkiv Supra Owners Club

traction control

Guest magpie9

Guest magpie9

i've been told that taking out the fuse for traction control will work, although it will also cut out your ABS and leave both abs and engine management lights on. is there truth in this and if so, what's the best way of doing this?

Guest magpie9

how you turning it off? on the controller? i've only had this thing a few weeks so fiddling. but that traction control's doing my head in! fuse? another way? suggestions welcome

i can see that but no button as such. says it's off but still drops power if wheels spin. any ideas on fuse or can you isolate trac without annoying abs?

there should be a button mate, which when pressed will turn a orange light on in the fuel/temp clocks saying "Slip control off"

i can see that but no button as such. says it's off but still drops power if wheels spin. any ideas on fuse or can you isolate trac without annoying abs?

i think you still have a small amount of trac on even if the button is off (ie its never fully off) i pulled the trac fuse in mine and it seems to have done the job, i don't know about ths ABS though

On the auto's the trac control smooths out the gear changes, removing the trac fuse will make gear changes quite harsh. It doesn't disable ABS but you will get the slip cont off light flashing IIRC, ages since I did it.

Yep you will get the flashing light unless you remove the trac ecu too.

I binned it a long while a go and just use the old right foot and more importantly common sense ;) for traction control.

• 4 months later...
On the auto's the trac control smooths out the gear changes, removing the trac fuse will make gear changes quite harsh. It doesn't disable ABS but you will get the slip cont off light flashing IIRC, ages since I did it.

So when the race logic traction control is installed does the gearchanging become harsher?

hi im trying to find the fuse for the traction control, can anyone tell me where it is?? ive had a look at the fuse panel in the drviers side footwell and cant see anything that relates to it, although there is one that is called ST

engine bay fuse box............i think there is a layout diagram inside the top cover :)