The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello !

Guest Podman

I may be coming into the Supra owners arena for a short period of time. I currently have a 500bhp 2.3evo and it's up for sale to help fund my wedding in aprill. I've been offered a Veilside Supra as a part x. Can't see me keeping it but you never know I may actually like it so I just thought I'd best say hi.

So....erm.....Hi :D

The car I am possibly having is this one :-

Spec on the car goes:

• auto transmission

• late 93 - 94 Reg

• on private plate

• 3.0 litre

• twn turbo

• dump valve

• roughly 350 bhp (it's a jap so I doubt it's that much without any real mods)

• full Veilside body kit done professionaly

• 24 valve, straight 6 cylinder.

• 18' full chrome, 3 piece alloys 235/40/18 bridgestone potenza g1

• full straight through veilside stainless steel exhaust system

• turbo timer

• cd player

• leather bucket seats

• veilside seering wheel

• full aliminium finish dash board

• very unique window tint

• lexus rear lights

• turbo boost and engine pressure gauges

• raised 20mm to fit alloys

• milage: aprox. 106,000km - 65,000 miles roughly

• cat 1 alarm & immobiliser system - Vital

• Trackstar fitted

• T & T

Does anyone on hear know the car? Whats it sensibly worth ?

Thanks for any help, I'm sure it will help with teh decision on the weekend:D

Erm, not bad.

You may want to go back to normal ish wheels and perhaps lose the spoiler :D

320 ish bhp depending on exact mods, perhaps if it has an exhaust it may be up a little...

Totally agree with the spoiler issue. Like I said I've only decided to do it because I'm assuming teh upra will be easier to sell than 17500 worth of evo. Never had one before and don't even know teh spec of teh Jap Supra. Soon find out I guess :D Any tips ?

Totally agree with the spoiler issue. Like I said I've only decided to do it because I'm assuming teh upra will be easier to sell than 17500 worth of evo. Never had one before and don't even know teh spec of teh Jap Supra. Soon find out I guess :D Any tips ?

Whatever you need to know, come on here, do a search first and if you can't find the answer then ask. The guys on here know more about the Supra than Toyota do.:D

I keep getting conflicting views of the power outputs some say J spec is 280 and brit is 320 others say different. Very confusing :S

Welcome to the Club :thumbs:

280hp was the official figure in Japan due to an agreement between the Japanese car manufacturers, the actual stock hp is closer to 320hp.

It's been an ongoing project now since about april that has cost over 30k so far (think I worked it out to be 32k and that dind't include all labour costs), I have done my best to make sure that everything was upgraded to handle any extra power that the car was going to produce. At the same time I made sure that it was still as nice to drive as an everyday car as was posisble. Car was built to be a very useable 500bhp with an equal 500ft/lb of torque. The spec is as follows :-

Stroker Engine 2.3 litre (Gives a very torquey low end power making daily driving very easy, probably as easy if not easier than a standard one. Also spools the turbo up a lot earier than a 2litre can, infact car spools to approx 33psi a smidge after 3000rpm)

Carbonetics Triple plate clutch (amazing clutch, recoomend them to anybody, lighter than my other halfs liner clutch to press and drives so smooth it's closer to sandard than any twin plate I've driven! Well worth the £1800 price tag)

Evo Green Turbo Ported etc

RC injectors

Reconditioned head

3mm Lash adjuster

Balance shaft removal kit

Full race manifold

Apexi AVC-R Boost controller in black(allows 3 different boost settings at teh touch of a button and also allows different boost to be set in each gear to help save your gearbox etc if needed)

Custom Stainless Exhaust system with cat bypass (sports cat also included)

Blitz Sonic air filter

Sumo Coil on Plug kit

Apexi power FC ECU + commander pro leads and computer software (remap on a laptoprather than trying to us ethe hand held bit)

Battery relocation kit + larger battery

Cusco Front Strut Brace

Cusco Rear Strut Brace

Tein Coil over Suspension

EDFC in car suspension controller

18" Alloys-Ultra Lites

RS Rear Diff (much nicer to drive than the ayc, plus a lot stronger so it won't go bang from being launched hard and the extra power.) cost over 2 grand by the time it was fitted.

Custom Front lip

Polished alloy radiator brackets C/o Scott Lowe

Silver Carbon fibre bonnet rams C/o SCott Lowe

Polished stainless steel slam panel

All tanks under the bonnet exchanged for polished stainless steel ones all from Scott lowe or polished caps

All pipework changed to stainless steel or red silicon hoses

Braided brake hoses

Carbon Fibre cam cover with ralliart on it

HKS Cams

Adjustable cam pulleys

Greddy Up-rated Intercooler

Walbro Fuel pump

Aftermarket front lights

HID xenon headlight bulbs

Aftermarket rear LED lights (don't worry not chavvy lexus ones)

Security film on windows

Alarm including, total closure with the ability to open and close windows, start car, turbo timer etc all from teh alarm phob.

Tracker Monitor installed that calls you if your vehicle moves without you being in it. This also allows you to track the car if it is stollen.

I am bound to have forgoten a few things but I'm sure you get the general idea, shed loads of money spent and no corners cut.

The Pictures shown are the only decent ones I currently have of it, it dosen't have many of the mods at all in this picture, but the only one you'd actually is intercooler so I guess it still looks the same really just IC looks nicer in the bumper.

I did intend on giving the car a good clean then tidy and clean the engine bay up (it's a bit dirty and messy in my eyes where all the work has been done on it and it's been left a bit oily and a bit untidy really) before I took pics. Unfortunately teh only time I get to do it is a saturday morning an dthis morning it decided to hammer down, so teh second the rain stopped for 5 I rushed out and quickly snapped a few pics, they aren't great and the car is dirty in them but I think it'll give people the general idea.

Overal pic of engine bay

Sumo Coils

Bay

Driver side closer

Passenger side closer

Picture of small bit of damage on rear bumper drivers side where somebody got a bit close pulling out of parking space behind me, not really noticeable once all polished up and clean.

Mark on rear spoiler that somebody has attempted to touch up (done before I had car)

The only real thing that needs repainting on teh car is teh front splitter, it's easily removed so coudl be resprayed quite easily and cheap enough to get done. I unfortunately did the damage a few weeks ago parking at 4am in a services car park into a bush that hid a nice kerb that wsa there waiting for me !

You can also see the larger intercooler in this pic.

It was supposed to have 356mm 8 pot brakes taht looked like this

But unfortunately they arrived with the wrong bells for the discs so I removed them from the car and advert and dropped the price to compensate (was origionally gonna be 18.5k)

I'd love to keep her but I just can't warrant it with an expensive wedding looming for april next year.

very :cool: I like it.....damn same your seling :(

you are still buying a great car though, I think you will be suprised :) (once the wing and wheels come off) ;)

I'd be supprised if I ever drove it with that spoiler on there lol, it's got to go before I consider actually using it lol

Either that or you suck at drag racing Rich.....:D

Oi!! :)

Probably true though...:(

I couldn't break the 14 second mark, yet Gatso managed a 13.6 or something in his stock TT! And I've read official figures ranging from 13.1s to 13.7s as stock. I was relying on my Sportivas back then though :cool:

There's a vid on youtube of Henk and I at Santa Pod - you can hear one or both of us spinning the wheels 3 times - once as we pull away, again as presumably first turbo kicked in, then a third time shortly after as second turbo cut in.

We'll I bought the car standard last november on bonfire night. So I've had it just over a year. I loved that car, luckily for my other half, I loved her more :D So it went yesterday at about 12:30. I coudln't even watch it leaving. Don't think I've ever been so attatched to a car before. So now I'm in teh world of Supra's. Quite supprised how well it goes, just not all that fussed on having no real power till 4500rpm. But I'm sure I'll get used to that (or sort it ;) )