The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hollow fibre carpet

CJ

I just read another instance of someone citing the above to show how much thought Toyota really put into the design of the Supra in order to save weight - but is it true?

Does anyone have any hard evidence that the "hollow fibre" example is based on fact?

It is honestly Colin, be buggered if I could find the scanned images that I read it from now, this was when I first joined the forum in 03, but Jake the google engine might know of something about.....

Im sure I read it one of the original brochures for the car, something that might have been hosted on mkiv.com or somewhere like that.....;)

Their goal was to make the MKIV lighter and more powerfull then the MKIII.......

EDIT: And Im sure its the original brochure that shows a MKIV with half of the front end cut away so you can the engine/running gear and suspension etc.........not a real pic but a cartoon, well not cartoon but drawn image......if you get what I mean....

This is the diagram here I was thinking of but cant confirm if its in there anywhere as I cant read the text.....

http://www.mkiv.com/specifications/97_brochure/index.html

But this from what I can read through a squinted eye a few mm away from the screen shows some of the thought that went into the car.....

http://www.mkiv.com/specifications/93_full_brochure/index.html

How the feck you do that :blink: You know jpegs are locked here, and have to open with IE, but then you cant manage the image...

Or is this a case of logmein.com and you dont on your home PC....:p

But anyway, when that 'newbie' reads all that gumf, lets see him come back and now tell us our cars are 13 year old jurrasic, gaz guzzling barges........:D