young and dumb

fat_controller

which road do i take?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. which road do i take?

• buy the porche and live it up whilst i'm still young
    • pay off my mortgage really fast and be mortgage free
    • Invest in a second property

ok, here comes the rant:p i bought my house 2 years ago with my girlfriend, i earn nearly 3 x what she does, we're both 21 and have a good relationship. I'm currently in a position where i have about 1k + after al bills and outgoings each month but somehow manage to waiste it and spend it on crap but if i have something to pay for somehow i always pay for it. i've decided on three options what to do wth this spare cash,

A:take out a large loan and buy a porche 911(996) turbo(i'll have to sell the supra for the rest of the funds:()

B: Reduce the term of my mortgage and get it payed off really quick but also run the risk of my girfriend getting half of my had earned cash if god forbid we ever split:(

C: Try my very best to actually save some cash and invest in a second property or property abroad.

I know this is sad putting this on the forum but all advice would be much appreciated.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh why a 911? For the same money you could get so many other cool cars or even keep the supe and build a kit car or something like that if your mechanicly minded.... If I was going for a 911 it would have to be a 965 turbo S

because the porche is done, fast, good looking, handles great, reliable, hardly de-value at all, there great;)

Bah - B shouldn't be difficult to renegotiate if your missus is serious about things. My missus and I (still not married yet) took out our current mortgage about 6 years ago now. As I also pay about 75% of our monthly bills, she happily agreed to have the house 75% in my ownership, 25% in hers.

I wouldn't trust anyone (man or woman) who expected to get out more than they put in to something, be it financial, emotional or whatever.

B is the only option IMO

A is a dream.

C is way to hard to judge the housing market right now so id leave that one alone.

Id say D maybe put the money into a ISA Save it up then when the house prices fall which the will you can jump in and get something cheap. Also having spare cash is always helpful for whats around the corner.

Dam 28 and i sound like my dad

Guest Newcomer

Always have a back-up plan if you and your lady ever splits up.

It's all good now, but you never know what will happen through the years and IF something happens you'll end up cursing yourself cause you weren't realistic when you had the chance. =)

On the other hand....cars are great! =D

But I don't understand though, why a Porche? Like maybe something Italian?

Why not something more aggressive?

Cheers!