The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Did someone just get the bargain of the century?

GT5500

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/TOYOTA+SUPRA/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146,N-63-4294966972-4294967173/search.action?&sort=p_VehiclePrice&postcode=CT5+3DH&radius=1501&showMoreOptions=&page=4

Hope this link works! just phoned about the UK TT at the top of the page, obviously it was sold. But does anyone know the car? even if it is high miles if its well looked after that was seriously cheap. I am going to be going round for the rest of the week wondering if it was a good car, I'll try to convince myself that it was a lemon then I won't feel so bad!:innocent:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/TOYOTA+SUPRA/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146,N-63-4294966972-4294967173/search.action?&sort=p_VehiclePrice&postcode=CT5+3DH&radius=1501&showMoreOptions=&page=4

Hope this link works! just phoned about the UK TT at the top of the page, obviously it was sold. But does anyone know the car? even if it is high miles if its well looked after that was seriously cheap. I am going to be going round for the rest of the week wondering if it was a good car, I'll try to convince myself that it was a lemon then I won't feel so bad!:innocent:

I was offered this Supra 2 weeks ago, clean car needed a few minor bits sorting.

Got to much going on at the moment so didn't take it.

The price is right for a clean UK TT, people laugh when I suggest what cars are worth, they even try and decry a car they actually see SELL for such a price, and say it must have been a write off, or a million miler, rather than accept the cars are old, and the price is market, not owner, driven ;) I have no agenda, don't get me wrong, I am sat looking at my Skyline that owes me a fortune and is worth sod all. That's why I have promised in 2008 to only spend big money on race cars that will hold a good percentage of their value, or go up, or property. I can no longer bear the burning of money that modding a road car entails, but I am old, and have gotten it out of my system.

...people laugh when I suggest what cars are worth, they even try and decry a car they actually see SELL for such a price, and say it must have been a write off, or a million miler, rather than accept the cars are old, and the price is market, not owner, driven ;)

They DO sell for lots more than that though Chris. Maybe you have magical powers and can find them cheap as chips, but most of us can't - hence the title of this thread and the surprise most of us have expressed at the price. The reason I suggested it might have high miles, apart from it being dirt cheap (IMHO!), is because the mileage isn't mentioned in the advert. Why hide something you don't need to? ;)

You see them GOING for more than, or advertised for more than? There is a big difference...

Both :)

P.S. I don't really like Skylines but I'll take yours off your hands for £50? ;)

Seriously though, what have you done to it (- and how much would it have cost if you had to pay for the labour too)?

Just look at the 'sold on pistonheads' on Pistonheads.

I do agree with you a little Chris when you say that many overvalue their cars though. I see 6 speed manuals going for less then TT autos some times or people wanting £6k plus for N/As and getting it (whilst TTs at the same price go unsold).

I agree- there are plenty of overpriced cars out there (looking on autotrader, 99.5% of them!) but alledgedly decent condition, not intergalatic miles UK TT Supras going for £4,700k? Even if it is red pink, crap; I hope that isn't true market value! :D

edit - mind you, it is an auto. ;) :whistle:

There are usually loads in the for sale section, they don't seem to flying out the door even if cheap( not necessarily bad condition), when i bought mine i saw loads that were for sale month after month, its a buyers market, traders with a rock solid reputation i would figure, are for the most part, the only people who will get a premium price.