The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone recognise this yellow engine bay?

razza

Taking the Yellow cover away it looks quite neglected in there, what engine ECU is controlling the set up, do you know what boost it was running, have you seen the engine run?

I would insist on a leakdown test at minimum to ensure all is well, I would be looking at a good service history as well

You have had enough bad luck with engines to go and buy another duff one ;)

Taking the Yellow cover away it looks quite neglected in there, what engine ECU is controlling the set up, do you know what boost it was running, have you seen the engine run?

I would insist on a leakdown test at minimum to ensure all is well, I would be looking at a good service history as well

You have had enough bad luck with engines to go and buy another duff one ;)

Not sure on the above, hence my question, they've done a 30min test on it with a report and it apparently runs ok with no leaks or smoke, and they'd provide a 3month warranty, but wanted to find a bit more history on it before I went down this route. As you've mentioned I can't afford another lemon (pun not intended given the colour of this...)

The turbo has gone from this already so would be looking at a standard ECU to run twins on it. I'll check on the leakdown test...

not matt harwoods is it:search:

Good lord no, what an insult!

It's got a MAF, resistor pack, and cruise, so it's going to be a UK spec. So factor that in if you are looking to revert it to stock - some Jspec parts won't fit, like the stock exhaust manifold for a start.

Alarm bells:

FSE valve

FSE valve mounted on it's side

Everything has been overbraided, even the throttle and cruise cables

Fan cowl and ducting removed, I assume as it won't fit on the "performance" radiator

Looks like the FSE line goes to the stock fuel rail return location which is the opposite end to most aftermarket fuel rails so it's either got 550cc or aftermarket 650cc injectors. 550s on a big single being shored up by an FSE valve is another big warning bell.

However the battery location is going to be a result of the crash damage, note separated passenger side wing and starred windscreen.

Personally I'd avoid it.

-Ian

Guest Nicholas
because I have a wedding and a new house to pay for...therefore even though it may be more hassle, I have to go down the second hand route as I can't afford a new one (I think anyway, not going to be cheap are they?)

A shortblock (without head) is £1500 IIRC would be worth a pm to andy hannah or muffleman ;)