The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Any tips for steering wheels?

Carl_S

Does it just accept all generic wheels? or is there a fit I should look out for.

But am thinking about a MOMO one becuase I just prefer something smaller and not round, if you know what I mean.

Any suggestions?

BTW, had a soft spot for wooden wheels, but not sure I'd get one for the supra.

Carl

Those half moon ones are for cars with very quick ratio steering racks where you're not releasing the wheel to get max lock in either direction. It's stupid to get one on a road car and is potentially dangerous.

If you want a better feel in the drivers seat start saving for a decent suspension setup.

Edit: just had a moment of recall, aren't you the guy with the clown wheels? These conversations about handling/suspension are pretty pointless with your setup, sorry :(

Those half moon ones are for cars with very quick ratio steering racks where you're not releasing the wheel to get max lock in either direction. It's stupid to get one on a road car and is potentially dangerous.

If you want a better feel in the drivers seat start saving for a decent suspension setup.

Edit: just had a moment of recall, aren't you the guy with the clown wheels? These conversations about handling/suspension are pretty pointless with your setup, sorry :(

Thanks Homer, thats an excellent point, had not considered that. The steering wheel is a certain size for a reason. Might as well keep it. As for the rear wheels, maybe one day I will change them. But your right, theres little point in changing the wheel when it is a certain diameter for a very valid reason.

Thanks for the reality check.

:)