The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thinking of selling...

charlton

...to upgrade to a TT :D

I wanted a TT originally but chose against it because it was my first rear wheel drive car, insurance and I fell in love with my Supe.

I'd like to hope I'd get 6k for my 95 NA and get a decent manual TT for a max of 9k - am I being ambitious? Mine has got 126k on the clock - imported by Jurgen for his friend in 2005

Link to original advert on Jurgen's site or more pics here

It doesn't have the light brows anymore and never had Recaro interior. I cannot fault the Supe and it has been nothing but a pleasure to drive and would be very hard to part with it.

I have thought about dropping a TT engine in because I am happy with the styling but it needs more power and 6th gear

I doubt you would get 6k mate, especially around this time of year. I have noticed that people seem to go for the cheap deals where they are almost guaranteed to be of a lower standard.

I was debating how much mine was worth and I reckon I'll struggle to get a decent price for it considering it's condition and the fact that it is facelift.....:(

H.

I doubt you would get 6k mate, especially around this time of year. I have noticed that people seem to go for the cheap deals where they are almost guaranteed to be of a lower standard.

Thats what I was thinking, might have to settle for a TT conversion - may try insurance quotes on a single :eyebrows:

Alright Lee,

Long time no see..

I was toying with selling to get a TT, then thought of all the time and money spent on mine..

and as people say the NA price isn't great to sell on! (i've probably spent more on mod's on mine alone than what i could get back!)

My mind has been made up, hopfully when funds are available i an going to get a tt lump dropped in mine.. I know if i go to the right places and don't skimp it will be worth it.. plus i get to keep the work i've previously done and i know exactly where the cars been..

Plus on the mod'ing side it would be a nice project..

"I started with a factory standard NA off the boat from Japan, and i've changed it into this!" Thats my plan anyway..

6K will get you a fairly stock auto TT if you look hard enough but 6K for an N/A??? :blink: Have to agree you'll be lucky to get £4 - 4.5K but I'm hoping to drop a TT lump into mine before too long as well, would probably be a better option. Spent a mint on mine getting it looking right and cant bear to part with it either....or could go NA-T :p

Linda

x

Of course most on here are bias to there car and Supra's in general, thats a given, but these cars are getting no younger and are becoming very hard to find with low miles, when you look at a F reg Toyota MK III now it looks very old and dated and commands no money anymore, this will be the same with the MKIV outside the enthusiasts market sooner rather than later, so 6K for an NA is WAY overpriced in the current climate I feel, christ I just picked up an okay condition TT6 manual for £3750 and with a grand of work it will be a very nice daily driver, I do however think the exceptional singles will continue to demand a high selling price going forward as most of them have had £1000's thrown at them and are as new in some cases:innocent:

Waits to get flamed :D

Alright Lee,

Long time no see..

My mind has been made up, hopfully when funds are available i an going to get a tt lump dropped in mine.. I know if i go to the right places and don't skimp it will be worth it.. plus i get to keep the work i've previously done and i know exactly where the cars been..

I go into hibernation for the winter :D

I wouldn't want to give the Supe away at such a low price - or not at least that cheap, it would of almost halved in price in 2yrs!! I think I will buy the missus something nice for xmas and convince her that I need a turbo :innocent:

3.5k for a na sz-r (maybe if it was a poor one) bu kevs old car is pretty mint and i know you will get 6k easy mate.

put it up for sale and you will see mate..

cheap and tatty na are 3.5k

Cheers Jurgen, at least someone has faith :D I've ironed out most of the 'creases' and more since I've been caring for it so its a little better now ;)

blimey 6k for an n/a with 126k on the clock :blink: maybe in dream land. 3.5-4k tops for it IMO.

that only works out a max of 88,000 miles - thats pretty good for a 12 year old car IMO

Cheers for the comments about how nice the Supe is (you do realise it Veilside :D)- I think I will drop the TT lump in, I couldn't bare to part with it for as low as 4k - I'd rather put 4k into the engine than buy a 8k Supe that is not to my liking. I suppose its our own fault for pricing the Supes so low just to get a quick sell which pulls the value of others down