The mkiv Supra Owners Club

sigh.. window problems..

jaw

window put up and then a loud click or snap.. wound it down slightly to check it was ok, and it fell into the door, an dyep in this weather, no windows is very bad.

I've done a bit of searchnig, but I have no screwdrivers (gramps has my tool set) but I've gathered the part I need is £70? can anyone confirm this or suggest what might need looking at, or even a temporary solution? its typical, we have no tape in the house (which is no good anyway as a plastic sheet would set off the alarm all night long) It's typical, all these things are going before I try and sell up to afford moving out!:( if anyone is selling a window mech, thatd be great too!

Thanks all, bought the new mech from my toyota dealership for £63, and fitted it myself in about an hour!

Its so common these window motors cable thing dying.. mine went a few weeks back too as well as another guy i know.

£63? thats cheap was that incl vat i was quoted £70 2nd hand from someone.

Its so common these window motors cable thing dying.. mine went a few weeks back too as well as another guy i know.

£63? thats cheap was that incl vat i was quoted £70 2nd hand from someone.

That price is without without reg and motor Maz. £350 odd for the complete unit new. ;)