The mkiv Supra Owners Club

glass headlight misted up on inside.

Carl_S

One of them has misted up on the inside. It is raining and its cold at the moment, and I wasn't able to fit the fog light bulb holder properly two days back- it was too dark, so the light unit has been not sealed to the engine bay, and I guess the elements, which is why i think its misted up.

The other one is fine.

Should I drive the car at night tonight without waiting for the mist to disappear?

How do I get it to disappear, undo the fog light bulb holder again, and wait for more dry days? or leave the unit sealed?

I know its a small thing, but I'm still worried about it.

noooooooo not the hairdryer it could melt the glass seals leave the fog light loose turn your lights on till it dissapears then redo it up

And the Vaseline will rot the rubbers.

It's a PITA, I took one of mine out and put it in the airing cupboard for a week not so long ago, refitted it, checked bulbs seated nicely and within 24 hours it was misted up again.